Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Headlight Alignment Problem

Im just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the Automatic Headlight Alignment??

A warning light has just come on my dash so I had a look into it. The headlights turn on, then level out as they should. The after a couple of seconds the headlights lift up and they arent pointing as they should be, they are pointing too high which is going to dassle other drivers.

Any one help?????

• 2 months later...
Im just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the Automatic Headlight Alignment??

A warning light has just come on my dash so I had a look into it. The headlights turn on, then level out as they should. The after a couple of seconds the headlights lift up and they arent pointing as they should be, they are pointing too high which is going to dassle other drivers.

Any one help?????

Hi there, I have the identical car to you and the problem is your level sensor situated on the rear axle on the left. The price is quite steep, I have been qouted £235 + VAT. I have since got underneath the car and soaked the sensor in WD 40. Then i jacked the car up quite high then dropped it down a couple of times. There is a small arm on the sensor that measures the load on the rear axle and then adjusts the lights. It is possible that the arm is seized and that the WD40 will eventually loosen it up. It seems to have worked for me. Good luck as it is an expensive, and small part. Even independent Lexus dealers were quoting the same price.

All the best

Rob.

The LE is by far the best IS.

i had the same prob with my 300, i took it into lexus birmingham and they only charged me around £50 to sort out the problem.

although i did not have the light on the dash, but both headlights were way out, was getting flashed all the time by other drivers.

• 7 months later...

HA HA !

The wonders of t'internet never cease to amaze me!! :yahoo:

I too have an LE and just got this prob today driving home!!! Ten minutes later, you guys have it all figured out! And you had already figured it out 5 months ago.

BRILLIANT

Now, does anyone think this job could be done by myself? I am a fairly competant mechanic.........How much for just the sensor?? Actually let me try the WD40 method 1st.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links