Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Disc Removal

Dony

HI all.

Would anyone be able to post up the correct way to remove rear discs with the steps in the right order. There is already a post from a couple of months ago but

its not really what i'm looking for. Its not specific to what I want. Have already completed the front discs but its time to do the rear aswell. They're corroded and pitted and its not gonna go away. So the only proper way is replacement. Don't worry, i'm pretty competant. I just need a few pointers in the right direction. Loosening off handbrake tension etc. Not sure how this is done.

Many thanks to all.

its done the same way as any other car - look for the star adjuster inside the drum nd turn it to loosen the drum shoes - there are plenty of similar topics and some with very detailed explanations - should come up using the search facility

There is a hole with a rubber plug in the disk, take that out and rotate the disc till the hole is at 6 o'clock, thats where the adjusters are.

Alternatively pull up the handbrake boot from the centre console and loosen off the cable adjuster, that's how I did it a couple of weeks ago!

And before anyone flames me I know that's not the correct way to adjust the handbrake :tomato:

its done the same way as any other car - look for the star adjuster inside the drum nd turn it to loosen the drum shoes - there are plenty of similar topics and some with very detailed explanations - should come up using the search facility

Thanks a lot man!

There is a hole with a rubber plug in the disk, take that out and rotate the disc till the hole is at 6 o'clock, thats where the adjusters are.

Alternatively pull up the handbrake boot from the centre console and loosen off the cable adjuster, that's how I did it a couple of weeks ago!

And before anyone flames me I know that's not the correct way to adjust the handbrake :tomato:

Thanks a lot for that mate. Understandin ya!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links