Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc Light + 'tap Shaped Light'/engine Light Coming On

Today my recently purchased RX300 2001 had it's VSC light come on and a light that looks like a 'tap' (maybe engine).

In the manual it says 'take to Lexus dealer'. Of course, I know what a ripoff that will be, so can anyone tell me what it means?

Is it just a service indicator or is it something more serious?

Without having the engine code read you will never know !

Could be anything ........... unless you specifically done something recently to it ?

I note an invoice from previous owner dated January 2007, which says 'replaced oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1'. Please note **** fault code Oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1' .

I an guessing it's the O2 sensor that was casuing this. I have printed out the fault code meanings from the Net and will take my car to my local garage tommorrow to see. But I am guessing it's the oxygen sensor.

Had this OBDed by my independant garage.

It turns out that Sensor 1 Bank 1 O2 sensor (which was replaced Jan 97) was sitting WITHOUT engine running, at about 2.6v. The other O2 sensor was sitting at 3.0V.

It might mean the O2 sensor that was replaced wasn't wired 100% correctly. Lexus service monkeys :crying:

Anyway, reset the codes and the lights haven't come on since. So it could just be some sort of blip when a bit extra fuel was pumped in and the O2 sensors didn't like it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links