Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Geometry And Other Bits Done!

I tend to read more than I post but just wanted to say online that I visited Tony on Friday and I'm back to my happy driving experience!

I visited Tony having been frustrated with how quick my back tyres went down to slicks but also because my Is200 Sport had been driving terribly. If the car wasn't all over the road, it was making horrible clunking noises when I came to a stop and the steering wheel would be leaping around the cabin whilst braking. It was as if the whole braking or suspension was moving! But the main problem was the feel and handling!

Booked in last Friday and spent the morning with Tony getting it all sorted.

Upon inspection, my back tyres were confirmed as almost slicks and the fronts were confirmed as illegal but only because of uneven tyre wear so my checking had not been sufficient at just looking at the 'bits I could see'.

It was also observed that my front brake discs had warped. This was as a result of trying to go cheap and use re-branded eBay purchased items and getting a mate to fit them! I wondered why it was so cheap!!

Finally, Tony checked all the components that would normally be guilty for causing the clunking. Tony confirmed that everything was in order (I was disappointed as whilst I didn't want bits replaced un-necessarily, I wanted it identified as to what caused the clunking).

Brand new Goodyear F1's replaced all round, brake discs and pads ordered for delivery asap and Tony got onto the geometry. Despite Tony explaining everything as he went along, I couldn't write it as I'm too dumb on this stuff so I'll just say that Tony had to make several adjustments and it suggested why my tyres were wearing out so quickly.

An hour later, geometry all done and shortly after, the brake discs were delivered. These were fitted and whilst doing so, one of Tony's colleagues informed me that they had identified the cause of clunking and it was something fitted upside down or in the wrong place in a previous fitting. Not sure of the exact terms but I understand there is a mechanical sensor that provides an audiable squeal when pads are getting low! Whatever it was, the clunking is no more. All paid for and I thanked Tony for his work!

The best bit was too come! The drive home!

With new tyres on, it being wet and whatever, chose the M25 for a steady drive as opposed to country lanes and the solid steering wheel, silent braking and no more clunking has bought back the super driving experience I've always known in the 6 years since the car was brought new!

I've now been out over the weekend and the driving is fantastic. I've still got my fingers crossed that the clunking doesn't return but so far so good and Tony's work has made me keep the car going forward!

Recommended!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links