Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LBX safety features

My Lexus is 3 weeks old and I am very impressed with all the technology.I have managed to remove the beeping if I exceed the speed limit ( it still flashes on the HUD)..but it has returned. Do you have to re set prior to each journey ?

On 3/12/2024 at 1:56 PM, Pat_D said:

Same here. The local dealership couldn’t / wouldn’t help, saying they have no control over the app. I tried to explain that it was an update to the car that seems to have caused this.

On 11/30/2023 at 4:05 PM, Ed659 said:

Well, retirement approaches and my use of NX's that I've owned will soon end as I switch to a 'major' downsize..  I hope that I will not be disappointed with the new LBX Takumi, I understand that the LBX is slightly smaller than the UX (which I was going to go for) but loaded with a lot more knobs and whistles and technology..

I'll see the LBX car at the dealership in December/January but not taking delivery until March-ish..  has anyone on this forum actually seen the LBX close up? 

Mine arrived 3 weeks ago..but only had a test drive end of Feb

Morning Sue. I believe there is sadly nothing you can do about this. From what I have read, all new cars being sold in EU now have to have a mandatory audio warning when you exceed the speed limit. This is not only for Lexus but for all auto manufacturers. I believe the only solution to this currently... is to turn it off every time you get into the car. This is going to be annoying to say the least. We have this in our BMW as well.

• Like 1

Hello Sue, I think you are one of the first with an LBX, same as me (I'm living in Holland). I have a question: do you use cruise control and what is your experience with it? When I use it I notice the revs are fluctuating and it feels like the car holds back and accelerate even though there is no one driving in front of me. The speedometer however stays steady
I have never never experienced it before in my previous cars, and I found it really annoying.

1 hour ago, EEH said:

Morning Sue. I believe there is sadly nothing you can do about this. From what I have read, all new cars being sold in EU now have to have a mandatory audio warning when you exceed the speed limit. This is not only for Lexus but for all auto manufacturers. I believe the only solution to this currently... is to turn it off every time you get into the car. This is going to be annoying to say the least. We have this in our BMW as well.

Absolutely correct. You have to cancel it each time you start the car if you wish to cancel the warning.

i took delivery of a new LBX Premier + design and after just four days I noticed that when the engine changed to EV it was noisy -  high on revs  is this normal?      thx

It will be noticeably noisier when it changes from ev mode to running in hybrid mode and using the engine. 

The CVT gearbox takes a bit of getting accustomed to and bursts of acceleration involving the engine will result in the engine note rising but once speed is achieved it will settle back to lower levels and indeed will switch between ev and hv seamlessly.

• Like 1

My premium plus does the same. When going down hill with the Battery full and no throttle input from me the engine will start and rev at 3000rpm, I assume its to give me some down hill engine braking. It's a similar behaviour when I select B instead of D going down hill. Of course my assumption could be wrong.

Although it sounds like the engine is running, no fuel is being used. It is basically using the engine as an air pump to give ‘engine braking’

This is normal behaviour if you are going downhill with a full hybrid Battery or using   Mode as it has to spin off excess energy due to it not being sent to the hybrid Battery

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links