Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Juddering At Low Speed.

I have experienced a strange problem over the last two weeks. When moving forward from a standstill and accereating gently I get a jerking feeling from the car. What happens is when i move from 2nd to 3rd gear and the rpm is around 2.5 to 3.000 the car judders until i accelerate harder. it disappears at higher revs/speed. I have also noted that if I disengage the traction control it seems to feel a little better but can still be felt. My car has just done 90k and is due for a service next week. Could anyone advise me as to what my be the cause and have to rectify it?

thanks for your rapid response,sorry but I am not mechanically minded. Do you have any idea of costs to get this fixed through a lexus dealer considering the age T99 reg and the mileage. Should i go with a good independent? if so can anyone reccomended a garage in the middlesex/buckinghamsie area

thanks for your rapid response,sorry but I am not mechanically minded. Do you have any idea of costs to get this fixed through a lexus dealer considering the age T99 reg and the mileage. Should i go with a good independent? if so can anyone reccomended a garage in the middlesex/buckinghamsie area

Not sure what cost is..

However I am sure a more experianced member will give more insight into it :)

Spoken to Lexus in Edgeware Road and they say they have had no isnstances of the bushes for the drive train failing on the IS 200. They want to take it in for diagnostic test/rodtest for 65.00 for half an hour. is this about right? My car is a 99 model. Also spoken to Jem in Colindale who said a similar thing regarding the bushes. Anyone had any dealings with Jem. They appear to deal with Japanese cars including inports.

Mines been doing this since i had the car and its a 2000 V plate Navigator sport funny enough? But only does it in 1st when i pull off sometimes in the morning after that its fine but it doesnt do it all the time mainly on cold or damp mornings? I was told about this judder when i was looking for a lex over 2years ago and from what i know the newer models dont do it for some reason? When i brought mine i never felt it happen untill it got a bit colder it still does it now and again but not as often so not sure what causes it i'm afraid?? :unsure:

Thanks for the replies and link. I did notice the problem started when it started to get cold and wet a couple of weeks ago so there could be something in that. I am taking it to Jem next week for them to have a look at it. The guy on the phone thought it might be the clutch and acoording to him it was a known fault on the earlier models and Lexus issued a recall. Could'nt find any information on the net about this and doubt if Lexus would entertain any claims now.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the car from Jem yesterday. The fault was a lot simpler but dangerous than I imagined. My rear tyre had bulges all along the rim on the inside. This was causing the problem. I was horrified to find that the tyre was shredding inside the rim. I was shown this when the tyre was taken off. The rim was wearing away at the inside of the tyre. The service guy thought that I must have had a low tyre pressure at some point so the rim was rubbing against the tyre. I was really shaken as I drive on the motorway alot and it could have given way at any time. Bought a new tyre threand then. Also had a 90k service at the same time. Could'nt fault the service guy James very polite and friendly. Service costed £136.00. i felt it was reasonable.

Mines been doing this since i had the car and its a 2000 V plate Navigator sport funny enough? But only does it in 1st when i pull off sometimes in the morning after that its fine but it doesnt do it all the time mainly on cold or damp mornings? I was told about this judder when i was looking for a lex over 2years ago and from what i know the newer models dont do it for some reason? When i brought mine i never felt it happen untill it got a bit colder it still does it now and again but not as often so not sure what causes it i'm afraid?? :unsure:

The last time i had that problem, it was caused by a seized front caliper, it would judder when going from stationary. Had to replace caliper and pads for both side, luckly the disc was fine.

The last time i had that problem, it was caused by a seized front caliper, it would judder when going from stationary. Had to replace caliper and pads for both side, luckly the disc was fine.

Ive just test drove a IS200 SE (V/2000) that did that, first couple of 1st gear pull aways there was a judder, i thought it might be me not used the car as it stopped after the 3rd or 4th junction.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links