Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wax, Polish, Valet ?

lfoggy

Just took delivery of a new RX400h and am determined to keep it looking good. It's finished in solid black paint with a grey leather interior and gleams beautifully in the autumn sunshine !

Any tips on cleaning and maintaining ? How often for example should I be waxing and polishing and any advice about car valeting services?

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the LOC. I know a couple of people that have just bought the RX400h and they are both over the moon. Search the forums for detailing tips, there is great advice everywhere. The only comment I would make is to do the job yourself. I have watched in absolute horror some of these defunct corner site petrol stations and supermarket car-park teams of so called ''Handwash car valetting'' experts and I wouldn't let them within an inch of my car. On the recommendation of fellow LOC member WylieCoyote, I've just spent two days detailing my car (I know, should get out more) with the ''new'' Dodo products. The result is truly amazing. Of course, you will have no need for such antics in the first few weeks of your new car's life. A regular wash with a good brand of car shampoo will do the job. Congrats on your new purchase (is it your first Lexus?). Enjoy the many new trips you are about to make,,,,just popping out for the papers,,,, do we need any more milk,,,, I'll take you, I was going there anyway,,, '' I promise you-- I'm right''. All the best , Graham.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links