Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warrenty About To Expire. What Should I Look For/should I Extend

I have the new shape GS300. The warrenty expires in a few months.

I just noticed that I have some corrosion on two alloys. I need to get them replaced under warrenty. Will Lexus replace all 5 wheels if only two are corroded?

Are there any other items I should be looking at before the warrenty expires?

No doubt I will be offered the option to extend the warrenty at a huge cost. Is this worth doing???

Tudordoc

Lexus offer a check,or used to, prior to warranty expire date where bits that may need looking are looked at. I'd ask about that.

On alloys they replaced all mine when 2 started to go

On extending said warranty see if they will throw in free servicing with it..........

Also how long are you going to keep the car and what miles do you do ? If you are a 15k miles a year driver then the risk of component failure is higher than if you are a sub 10k driver.........

Lexus offer a check,or used to, prior to warranty expire date where bits that may need looking are looked at. I'd ask about that.

On alloys they replaced all mine when 2 started to go

On extending said warranty see if they will throw in free servicing with it..........

Also how long are you going to keep the car and what miles do you do ? If you are a 15k miles a year driver then the risk of component failure is higher than if you are a sub 10k driver.........

Just back from Lexus Woodford. Yes they will replace the four wheels on the road. SHould I ask for the spare to be replaced if it has never been used? Will the new wheels corrode in another 2 1/2 years?

I do about 9k a year so probebly not go for warrenty extension. Wish I'd know I could wheels replaced when my now 7 year old IS200 was still in warrenty. No-one at Lexus mentioned it then! The wheels are now horrible

Thanks

TudorDoc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links