Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Advice Needed Please

Zax

Hi all,

I am new to this experience and wish I had thought to look for something like this when I first got my lovely Lexus.

My pride and joy (GS300 SE 94 'L') just failed it's MOT and I have got only a matter of days to get it fixed and re-tested. Unfortunately, times are hard and I need to get it fixed... I have to sell it :( .

The ball joints are gone (I am told, I know nothing about cars). The offside front bottom, the nearside front bottom and the nearside front top.

The man at my local Lexus dealership told me that the bottom ball joints are available as separate items, but the top are not, they are part of the whole wishbone assembly.

I also asked him how much and fell off my chair when he told me the parts alone would be £500. Then someone suggested checking theses places on the Internet, where you can put in your details and they will pass them around to breakers. Then, if the breakers have the parts, they will contact me.

I have not had many mails/calls (seems I am not having much luck finding them), but 1 place has offered the entire wishbone for about £95 (that does not include VAT or delivery).

Another has said they have the top ball joint. Is this possible? Can the top ball joint be changed separately or will I need the entire wishbone? The Lexus man did not say 100%, but he has never heard of it done before.

I had a look through some of the sub-sections here (not all I confess as there were lots) and could not spot anything. Apologies if I missed it, if I did, would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

Alternatively, I would be most grateful for some advice with this. Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Zax

Zax you would be best placed to contact chris shipley on theres boards , by PM.

if......you was to join gold you could get quite a saving from your lexus dealer on the price of parts and even fitting

like i said look into gold.......and contact Chris Shipley

mat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links