Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Audio

hi, im new here, and a new is200 sport owner in drop dead sexy pearly silver ;)

my questions are these;

what is the default audio setup in the car?

what speakers and wattage rating are they?

what power is the amp?

does it work off of the speaker outs or is it a proper line out job?

are there still no companies making proper fascia plates for the stereo, as all the firms ive contacted say they can make me one if i get the audio installed by them, but i have to leave my car with them for 2-3 days!!! :yahoo: i cant do that! thats like cutting my legs off!

also, does the traction control stay off if the button is pressed, or does it come on by default when you start the car up? as on my test drive it was really getting on my nerves, not to mention the limiter... :sick:

are all the posts ive seen on other forums about the is200 traction control kicking in and spinning people to be a concearn or are they just bad drivers? lol

last thing i wanted to ask is if i get a piggy back chip fitted, what kind of performance gains could i expect to see? i think the car needs to have at least 180bhp based on the apparent 153 its got at the moment as it does feel a bit sluggish sometimes when you pull away.

thanks for your patience in reading this mail, and i look forward to any replies, apart from flames ;)

thanks guys...

Andy.

Welcome to the club Andy.

The stero use speaker level outputs not low level

You can buy a facia plate from the US for the IS300 which will fit, if you do a search on the site I'm sure it will turn up or somebody will point you in the right direction.

The TC will come on by default every time you start up.

You can have a piggy back ECU fitted but it is expensive and the gains are slight I'm afraid, best bet is to fit an exhaust to start with and then look around. The quickest way to more power is to supercharge it.

Your best bet would be to come to the Gaydon meet this Sunday, plenty of cars to look at and people to get ideas & info from.

Where abouts are you from?

hi, im fron croydon, south london...

Just made the switch from my Audi a4 to this, and fell in love with it instantly... (b4 even testdriving it), went to the dealer, saw it sitting there, and bought it :)

where is gaydon?

The fascia plate can be found at AUTOTOYS just search under IS300 and you will see it come up. If you order from them make sure you email them first to negotiate the shipping charges otherwise you will get stung on the charges. The fascia plate is a pretty goo done you have the option of single or double din, look in the IS200 gallery near the end and you will see photo's of mine in there

Si

P.S. As for the TRC it's useless get rid of it and get a decent one fitted if you really want one

thanks guys, picking the car up on friday, so will have to think about whether i fancy burning round london and up the m40 for a few hours ;)

and i'll try autotoys asap as i have heard the lexus sound system on my test drive yesterday and was not impressed by it in the least, but i guess for the older generation its fine ;) i want my kenny totr mp3 in it ;)

whats the best way to go re exhaust upgrades, and is there any performance gains i would notice apart from a different growl from that lovely engine? and finally is the supercharger upgrade really only a +24-30bhp? seems a bit mediocre? does that mean that as a max without major £££xpenditure i can only expect to push it to approx 200bhp? any of you had the rev limiter taken off?

thanx. :withstupid:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links