Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Sat Nav Queries

Firstly cleaned the disc and the Sat Nav is working fine now, it even seems a lot quicker at calculating journies than it was before.

What is the little sensor type thing on the right hand side of the screen? The joystick when it is released seems to have one as well. Does this mean that it can be used "remotely" by a passenger when the car is moving?

Why does the joystick need batteries, how will I know when they are dead?

I think the batteries are only used when you undock the remote. If it doesn't work when you remove it, then they need changing ;)

Sadly, the speed lockout still applies, so the passenger can't do anything you can't.

You'll notice the little window underneath the remote when you remove it, and the IR window on the satnav screen itself. I believe that both are receptors for the control joystick.

FYI - Lexus have changed the layout of this panel on DVD series systems, and the controls are fixed. They're not as easy to use, either :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links