Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autobox Rx300

Hi All

I am a total newbie to forum and Lexus.

Looking at buying an RX300 se l 53 plate 44k on clock

The Rx 300 is superb in quality and ride

Having owned autos on other makes in the past and replaced them all at around 80-100k what is the average expectancy of these boxes

have read some threads but thought easier to ask...

Looking forward to see if Lexus are the real deal.

Pretty sure the engine is almost bombproof its just the box thats causes me some concern.

All replies and guidance much appreciated.

The auto boxes that Toyota use are some of the best in the business, i'm not sure if its still correct but a few years ago Toyota even claimed that they had never had to supply a replacement autobox for a Lexus. My dad's owned auto's for years, his current one is on 163k and is running fine, the only one he has ever had trouble with was an Audi 100 about 15 years ago. Don't worry about it, it'll be fine.

I read many posts in the US forums about autobox failures on the RX......but upon investigation over here in europe it seems there are very few failures......certainly there have been major issues with the Mk2 (intelligent box) causing concern with customers due to low speed tip in/out hesitation on gear changes but seemingy no failures.....

My Mk1 auto box is easily on a par with Jaguars/Landrovers very best.

Best regards David

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say for the RX as I haven't had it long enough, but my GS that I have just px'd had 137k with no problems whatsoever - with anything other than a replacement starter motor at 135k (isn't always the way - just as you decide to get rid!).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links