Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Knocking From Front At Low Speed

KnightUnit

Hi All,

Just a quick question to see if anyone can help me pinpoint this, at low speeds when going over slightly uneven parts of a road or worse there is knock for each little bump the car goes over.

The car has 134k on the clock and the ball joints were done at 120k, so Im guessing it cant be these. Is there anything else that wears at the front that could cause the knocking...

Thanks

Hi All,

Just a quick question to see if anyone can help me pinpoint this, at low speeds when going over slightly uneven parts of a road or worse there is knock for each little bump the car goes over.

The car has 134k on the clock and the ball joints were done at 120k, so Im guessing it cant be these. Is there anything else that wears at the front that could cause the knocking...

Thanks

Sounds like the pads are moving in the carrier. To resolve this you need to put a grease on, not the usuall copper grease, but a white grease, which looks like colgate and is thicker. Put the grease in the clips that hold the pads, as well as the end of the pads. You can get the grease from Toyota, come is a tube. I may be wrong with your car, but this is a common issue.

Most likely the anti-rollbar droplink.... Very common and generates a knocking pulse consistent with the road surface..... Cheap as chips to replace as well.

I tried braking and the knocking still happens, so I guess its not the pads.

Is there an way you can check the dropink under the bonnet mate? just to do a quick check without using any tools.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links