Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc Wheel/axle/diff "clicking"

McLean

Anyone have an explanation for the "clicking" sound you get from the rear of an SC when in a tight turn (e.g. in a car park) - or is it just mine?

• 1 month later...

If it's the diff, sounds normal, I notice it on my 300 too, if you heard a click coming form the boot when tight turn or leaving a parking, it's the limited slippery diff who's actually working on.

This has got inside 12 (or 10 don't remember exactly) discs, who's actually slide one upper the other when it needs tu neutralize the wheel speed diff you've got from the inside turning wheel to the outisde turning wheel.

Hope it helps

@d'taleur

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

Mine was a stone in brake pad, apparently.

£83 well spent to have it diagnosed and removed! :o

At the same time Jem (where I always take mine) tell me the rear bushes have to be replaced...

Well mine is going in to have it fixed... they tell me it’s a fault and Lexus know off it and can easily sort it.

Mine's a 2001 model with the original suspension and run flats, but these just give a 'not so good' ride quality and not a click / clunk like the other fault.

They are also changing the suspension / wheels while there.

PS - The Lexus wheels can and do corrode, they will replace with new alloys FOC!!! (I have three Lexus’s in the company IS / RX / SC and ALL three have just had the wheels replaced FOC due to the corrosion)

Hmmmmmm. My 'repair' by Jem failed to fix the problem. First time I drove it I could hear that it was still there - front offside wheel, clicking very loudly in rhythm with the speed of wheel revolution when on hard left lock.

Maybe this is the 'known fault'? In whihc case it's certainly not known by Jem!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links