Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can someone give me some advice please?

I've disconnected the Battery and now my radio just indicates "SEC" as soon as I turn the ignition key on,

Only button 6 works which turns off the display as long as I keep it depressed.

I have tried to follow the sequence to enter the security code, as described in my manual, but none of the buttons respond.

Any ideas please.

It's an LS400 1994 by the way.

I've disconnected the battery and now my radio just indicates "SEC" as soon as I turn the ignition key on,

I have tried to follow the sequence to enter the security code, as described in my manual, but none of the buttons respond.

Any ideas please.

Hi

Just a thought, try disconnecting the Battery again, leave it for about 30mins reconnect and try again... if not try a radio shop...

Good Luck

Pete

I've disconnected the battery and now my radio just indicates "SEC" as soon as I turn the ignition key on,

Any ideas please.

Hi BigJon. You have activated the antitheft system and SEC stands for security. The bad news is the number is user progammable so unless someone has left you a three digit code on some paper somewhere you may have a problem. THe good news is that normally the 3 digit code used is the last 3 digits of the VIN (vehicle identification number). How to try to reset; with the key in the ignition on ACC, press 1 and the upper side of the TUNE SEEK button together until Up & down arrows will appear on the tape indicator display followed by 3 underscores (_ _ _). Use the number 1 radio station button to enter the first number eg press 1 button 4 times for 4, the likewise 2 and 3 buttons for the second and third numbers. When you have the code in view on the screen press and hold the scan button until SEC disappears and the system is reset. If ERR appears you were unsuccessful. you have 9 goes ERR1 - ERR9, after that it is a Lexus dealer reset.

Hope it goes well.

Rab

Any ideas please.

Apologies if my previous note was no help...I suppose you tried all that.

2 things you might like to try;

Check both the fuses radio 1 & 2 (under the bonnet and under the steering wheel dash) to make sure they are intact.

Exercise both the rocker switches 1/2 and TUNE/SEEK to try and see if there are contact resistance issues inside the switches.

After that you need to keep the switches pressed for at least 10 seconds when you try.

Good luck.

Rab

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links