Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ls400 Od Direct Clutch Speed Sensor Help

please can some one tell me where exactly is this on the transmission box and what does it look like i have spent this afternoon looking for it and i cant see it.any description or even pic would be superb i need to replace this as this is giving me code 67. i am taking it of another ls400 which is a 1991 and mine is a 1992.please please can some one help me

thanks

It's below the front exhaust pipe LH side near to where the pipe fits to the engine.

W/shop manual says remove the front LH ex.pipe and LH side cat. for access.

One bolt holds the sensor along with its 'O' ring and electrical connection.

Please post your update!

hi i think i saw that this afternoon look like a switch in a silly place next to the exhaust on the tranny there is like a rubber grommet covering the switch would this be it and i thnk there is one bolt holding it in place.can you give me a description of what it looks like so i can be sure i have got the right one.i am currently getting code 67 and the drive of car when driving over 40 mph the revs drop from 2000rpm to approx 1600 and its like i have took my foot of the accelerator and it feels like a slight jolt something like that.would either cleaning or replacing help

many thanks

The code you have is correct for that sensor.

It has a connector on top with removable plug, on picture it looks like two internal contacts.

Below this is the little bracket that holds it on, one bolt.

Looks like you remove bolt and pull it up.

Resistance accross the contacts approx 620 ohm

There is another test where you put a meter accross the contacts of the sensor

and place a magnet quickly past the sensor end, a very small intermittent voltage should be generated.

There are other tests involving the engine and ECT ECU, complicated!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links