Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I'm New Here. Got A Problem And Need Some Advice.....

hsz26

Hi, I'm new here. Got a problem and need some advice.....

Just finished changing the engine on my GS300 99 sport. The bottom end went, Got a supra engine and swapped over the block and replaced the original head.

Anyway, tried turning it over after leaving the ignition in 'on' position for 6 mins due to the Battery being disconnected. The car won't start?? To top that alot of the lights on the dash are showing - the ABS light is flashing, the engine light is on, aswell as the red oil light and also the orange/yellow oil light with the squiggly line under it. There is also one which shows the car from the top with what seems to be the back lights on or flashing? I don't know what this is as I lost the owners manual during a house move.

Tried connecting a OBE2 to the car to read the ECU to check the codes etc and reset the ECU, but it wont read it, and keeps saying that it is not connected?

Really could do with some sound advice, please help. Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I had a near similar problem earlier this year. I was driving quite normally when about 60 miles from home nearly all of the warning lights came on like the fourth of July. I suspected the alternator drive belt, but this was intact. I drove back home OK and the problem was diagnosed as an alternator failure. I had a replacement fitted and the problem was cured.

You may be interested to know that the alternator on a Toyota Corolla (at least the one I looked at a 2000 model) is the same as the GS300.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links