Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gs430 Nav. Ice Upgrade?

Has anyone attempted to improve the sound system in a GS430 with the Navi screen?

It's pretty good but sometimes I wish the sound quality was a little better and though I know it ought to left alone, is anyone aware of an upgrade path?

your best chances of finding a solution are in the US forums www.clublexus.com

Thanks Maneesh.

Spent a while looking around clublexus. Threads about forced induction were a slight distraction but found a few ideas for front component upgrades. The serious work appears to have been done with non Navi GS400/430s where Nakamichi and Pioneer systems have been replaced completely.

I might just disconnect the rear speakers to improve the front image, then try some mid budget efficient fronts that the amp can cope with. If that doesn't do it, I will resist a big install for as long as possible and the Soarers will have to take a little more weekday abuse.

Took a closer look and a few pictures of the GS today.

The boot/rear parcel shelf is begging for an install, so much easier to attack than the metal sealed boot of a Soarer with its fuel tank behind the back seat.

Swapping the audio controls for a quality head unit looks a daunting prospect but I might just be mad enough to try it later on when the second Soarer install is complete.

A few pics of the Soarers for your amuzement, the latter (green TT) is the work in progress. The blue V8, completed a while back, looks a little tired now but still my favourite. :)

Q. Last pic of the GS, how deep is the space behind the tape player unit?

post-21030-1208706849.jpgpost-21030-1208705279.jpgpost-51-1047730237.gif post-21030-1208706967.jpgpost-21030-1208705338.jpg

post-21030-1208705306.jpg

post-21030-1208705509.jpg

post-21030-1208705946.jpg

post-21030-1208707089.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links