Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Albin Motors

Hi, took my car to Albin B Motors (ABM) for the big 60K service and cambelt changed, after recommendation from here. Kevin sounds like a really helpful chap and didn't seem pushy.

Anyway, I asked him to check out if there other things wrong, needed fixing. Rang me towards the end of the day and said the water pump is leaking. A new pump with by pass pipe is needed. I knew these pumps tend to leak, so wasn't too surprised.

Also needed front pads, which I knew about. When I bought the car I was told the front discs is warped, but it was nice to hear that the discs were fine and just pads needed changing.

All in all with Gold discount, it's going to cost me just under £800.

Considering the amount I'm getting done and comparing what Lexus Croydon would of charged me, I think it's a fair price.

I'll be picking up tomorrow, so they would of had the car for near 2 days.

I'll give an update tomorrow, then I can fully say whether I'm happy with Albin motors. Looks promising (Touch wood).

After that, is off to WIM on Sat. for four new shoes and a full geometry setup. :-)

I hope the car is going to feel like new by the end of the week!!

Just got my car back. Big bill £971.

Had loads done

60k service

Cambelt

Tensioners

Front pads

Water pump

pump by pass

New Battery.

Off to WIM on sat. so thats another £500 odd. I really hope this car does not need anything else for a long time!!

Anyway overall v. satisfied with the service I got from ABM. Kevin seems like a top bloke. Would recommend.

Most prob. be taking the car to ABM for MOT in Aug.

Like you I found ABM great. Kevin is a very helpful guy. I had a 100,000 mile service (at 93,000) as wanted cambelt changed, waterpump checked - they did this and Kevin phoned me to say waterpump was ok but did have bypass hose changed. They informed me that my front shocks were leaking and Kevin emailed me costs of various types _ I selected a set and I returned the following week to have them fitted.

All sorted and no grief (apart from in the wallet - lol).

I have recommended ABM in the relevant section (I do not work for them !) and would go back there for any future servicing, repairs or MOT.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links