Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ls 430 -01 Engine Stall Occasionally Soon After Starting

What is problem if engine starts but stall in 2-3 seconds. When cranked many times it only gives some promises to start. A symptom has realized ones per week during last two months. Both keys the main and the sub key work fine and also the smart key system! Note, the engine starts after half or couple hours without any repairing or harm! :whistling:

The DTC of Malfunction is read by Toyota tester, it gives the B2775 .

What is wrong where to start repairing :question:

- voltage drop?

- grounding conductors?

- MPX?

- Theft Deterrent or S17 steering Lock ECU or.. engine ECU?

- Door locks?

- Is B2775 only a reflection of some other symptom?

- etc?

Please could you help me find out what to do with this malfunction. Lexus dealer says it to be taken several hours or many days to find out to solve a multi difficult problem :shifty: .

Yours

Antero

What is problem if engine starts but stall in 2-3 seconds. When cranked many times it only gives some promises to start. A symptom has realized ones per week during last two months. Both keys the main and the sub key work fine and also the smart key system! Note, the engine starts after half or couple hours without any repairing or harm! :whistling:

The DTC of Malfunction is read by Toyota tester, it gives the B2775 .

What is wrong where to start repairing :question:

- voltage drop?

- grounding conductors?

- MPX?

- Theft Deterrent or S17 steering Lock ECU or.. engine ECU?

- Door locks?

- Is B2775 only a reflection of some other symptom?

- etc?

Please could you help me find out what to do with this malfunction. Lexus dealer says it to be taken several hours or many days to find out to solve a multi difficult problem :shifty: .

Yours

Antero

This sounds very much like fuel pressure or fuel starvation problems. Is the fuel pump working OK? Paul

I have checked the relay and resistor of the fuel pump. The fuel pump runs when cranking and some seconds afterwards, too. So fuel pump should be ruled out.

Dealers code reader result: B2775!

If we believe the DTC reading result B2775 (giving by ECU?) which says “Interior verification abnormal to theft deterrent ECU”. Inspection: All keys start the engine OK! The malfunction manual of the diagnostics says: The system is normal but it is suspected that verification was failed in the past?

Where to start checking?

I have emptied the Battery twice by cranking and after 30 - 120 minutes engine started nicely (once helped by outside battery).

A new feature:

Yesterday LS stall two separate times but at these time I didn’t empty the Battery, instead of it I jumped out of the car opened and shut the hood of the engine then I locked doors by the key, opened and locked and of course some rain dance steps... I jumped into car …. and engine started well!

Conclusion: The Manual of Diagnostics was right-on: “the problem was failed in the past”?

Anyway a symptom is still somewhere! Where is the real problem to fix out?

Yours

Antero

This is what i could find, it is related to the steering lock system. I don't know how to insert a PDF and it would not recognize the text via OCR, hope you can understand it, or send me your email

DI8T9 0

DIAGNOSTICS STEERING LOCK SYSTEM

DI 88

LEXUS LS430(RM792E)

CIRCUIT INSPECTION

DTCB2775 InteriorVerificationAbnormal(toTheftDe-

terrentECU)

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION

The Steering Lock ECU communicates through BEAN with the Theft Deterrent ECU on whether or not the

Interior verification is performed. This Steering Lock ECU detects this DTC when trouble is detected in this communication. The following conditions are also considered as communication errors and this DTC is out-put.

S Either the TheftDeterrent ECU or the SteeringLockECU is replaced.and the replaced ECU.s

COMMUNICATIONID is different from the other ECU.s(Besuretoregisterthe COMMUNICA-

TIONID againwheneitherECUisreplaced)

S TheinteriorverificationintheTheftDeterrentECUisfailed.(Ex. Theinteriorverificationisper-

formedwiththekeyoutsidetheinteriorverificationarea,2.Thesmartkeyisintheplacewher

theroomoscillatorwavecannotreach,3.Thesmartkeybatteryshutoff,etc.)

ThisDTCisautomaticallyclearedwhentheinteriorverification.snormaloperationisconfi

medinthenext

"CommunicationonWhetherornottheInteriorVerificationisPerformed"(whentheSmartIgnitionisper-

formednormally,theinteriorverificationoperationisconsiderednormal.)

DTCNo. DTCDetectingCondition TroubleArea

B2775

S COMMUNICATIONIDisdifferentincommunicationwith

TheftDeterrentECU.

S No response or abnormal response in communication with

The Theft Deterrent ECU

S Smartkey

S Wireharness

S TheftDeterrentECU

S SteeringLockECU

Thank you for your replay.

The clues are hanging on BEAN, Body Electricity Area Net. In chart there is only one wire? It is said in diagnostic papers that the code B2775 comes from Theft Deterrent ECU via Multiplex ECU (Gateway ECU) to Steering Lock ECU (w smart key).

Diagnostic procedure asks to check all keys and I have checked, they are OK with new batteries including smart key.

The Diagnostic of the inspection procedure result is: “All keys are OK so the system is normal but it is suspected that verification was failed in the past”.

What means “in the past”? Is the Transponder Key Amplifier read the code of car key wrong in earlier session? Could the coil be damaged or low level working (Volvo has been same symptom and it is fixed by new coil)? How to check an unserviceable coil? May be the fault is in wire harness or in BEAN?

Antero

PS

:question: Immobizer stall engine soon after starting "twice a day". Engine starts when doors are shut/opened outside many times... the roblem is soon real...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links