Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Master Key

Hello everyone,

i got my is200 s, last month and I have been reading up on the posts on here. I have a question which i was hoping someone could answer for me.

I have only got the one key that came with the car when i got it unfortunately it isn't like the master keys as it doesn't have any buttons on it but it starts the car fine (however the security light does not go out), it looks like this one:

8488_1.JPG

i have managed to get a blank blade and the three button inners from eBay, now the question is can i program this key? or do i need to go to a dealer? Cheers.

Hello everyone,

i got my is200 s, last month and I have been reading up on the posts on here. I have a question which i was hoping someone could answer for me.

I have only got the one key that came with the car when i got it unfortunately it isn't like the master keys as it doesn't have any buttons on it but it starts the car fine (however the security light does not go out), it looks like this one:

8488_1.JPG

i have managed to get a blank blade and the three button inners from ebay, now the question is can i program this key? or do i need to go to a dealer? Cheers.

I only got one key when I bought my Lex too, yours definitely doesn't look right. You can buy them from Lex dealer but they're much cheaper on eBay.

Hello everyone,

8488_1.JPG

i have managed to get a blank blade and the three button inners from ebay, now the question is can i program this key? or do i need to go to a dealer? Cheers.

You do need to go to a dealer, but there is someone advertising on eBay who reckons he can send you details of how to do it yourself. I don't know if this works or not.

So how do you lock/unlock the car and open the boot if the key you have doesn't have any buttons on it? I think the new blade and inners you have bought from eBay will be no good to you as you can only program a new key from an original 3 button master key- which you are saying you do not have.

You need a new lockset, ECU and keys from a dealer, gonna cost you about £2k in parts and labour, mate, sorry. You could get the mentioned parts from a crashed IS200, not sure if these would work though. I am slightly concerned as to why your car has a key which looks like the one in the picture, I hope your car isn't stolen/crash repaired/write off/cut n shut etc.

i use the door lock to lock and unlock, and use the button on the panel to open the rest of the others.

i got it in part exchange for my Audi A4 which was giving me loads of problems so i was a little hasty in getting the lexus.

the key i currently have has a transponder built in which i think is the one which the guy from eBay is selling.

I have a guide to programming keys click here.

But you need a working master (usually three button) to programme from.

You may find it'll cost A LOT to sort out.

Personally i would be more concerned about the alarm not ever being activated. Apart from the security issues of having no alarm, you may find that your insurance is invalid without you using the thacham spec alarm that comes standard on the IS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links