Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time has come to change my tyres and just dont know which ones to go for......all 4 to change so dont want to be spending more than £100 / each.

Currently running Yokohama Decibels - Which are re-inforced and I'm not sure is doing much for the handling....

This seems to put me in Falken FK452, Toyo Proxes T1-R or Goodyear Eagle F1 territory.

Any views on the above or other suggestions?

Time has come to change my tyres and just dont know which ones to go for......all 4 to change so dont want to be spending more than £100 / each.

Currently running Yokohama Decibels - Which are re-inforced and I'm not sure is doing much for the handling....

This seems to put me in Falken FK452, Toyo Proxes T1-R or Goodyear Eagle F1 territory.

Any views on the above or other suggestions?

I've heard good things for all 3 tyres you mention. I had Eagle F1 GSD 3s on the GS and they were good, particularly in wet weather. I personally liked the rim protector that was built into the tyre as a practical bonus.

Maneesh,

So, the GSD3's has a good rim protector? Like on the Dunlop SP9000's? I want some GSD3's for my IS2, just not sure how good the rim protector is on the GSD3's.

Saves me creating another thread asking how good is the rim protector on the GSD3's.

Thanks

Maneesh,

So, the GSD3's has a good rim protector? Like on the Dunlop SP9000's? I want some GSD3's for my IS2, just not sure how good the rim protector is on the GSD3's.

I don't know how it compares to the SP9000s, but the rim protector protected my chrome rims for the year and half that I had them on the car, and I park in London!!

Can only say good things about the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, cost £100 each for the 18" tyre size I needed and the grip is immense compared to my old dunlops and they're much quieter too.

Saves me creating another thread asking how good is the rim protector on the GSD3's.

Not sure about the GSD3s, but the newer Asymmetrics I've got have got a pretty good rim protector on them. Haven't tested it out yet (and not planning to :crybaby: ) but I think they protrude out more than my old SP Sport 9000s did. This isn't the best pic, but illustrates it a bit, please ignore the current state of my alloys :shutit:

326564742.jpg

You can see the difference in rim protection between Pirelli P-Zeros and the GSD3s (first pic is Pirelli, second pic is GSD3s) - make sure you click on the full image to see the difference

80280839_RsJmf-L.jpg

80280651_r4jEV-L.jpg

I recently put Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres all round on my GS430 - they seem to have been a very good choice. Just driving back home from the tyre place I noticed that the ride was a bit softer and definitely quieter than the Bridgestone RE040s that were on before...

I used to think Uniroyal Rainsport 1 were very good but put FK452's on the rear of my 300 sport and they were really good. When I need to replace the tyres on my 430 it will probably be FK452, although I heard that Falken had just introduced another new tyre.

Thanks everyone....seems there are good things to be said about all 3 - may just see which ones out of the 3 I can get the best deal on....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links