Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wim'ed

VVProtocolVV

Been meaning to get the lexus WIM'ed for ages, but was too busy, and other things needed attention like cam belt, service etc, but finally after like 10 months and 4 worn tires (inner wear) that lasted just shy of 11k and as i had a week off work, i grabbed the tomtom and headed to WIM. The drive was pretty good, i thought i'd be stuck on the M25 for Hrs (the last trip i did on the M25 for a different event, i was stuck on it for over 3 Hrs!). The sun was out, though i checked the weather and it was suppose to rain!?!? Anyway travelled the 120 odd miles to get the 3 new tyres done (the 4th wheel was already done as it needed to pass the MOT a few weeks back), geo and as a bonus a rear strut brace, which luckly was in the car and i didn't think it would get fitted for a while. Funny thing is, i never saw any lexus on the way there.....for like 2 hrs...not even those RX 4x4 (but i did see 2 on the way back home, one was going way over the speed limit, might i add). But anyway, Tony had the car on the ramp and did his magic on the computer and it was indeed the angles was off, in the red (mostly for o/s/f and n/s/r). The car does feel like it's "floating", but i always thought thats the way it is for "comfort ride", but knew there was major problem with tyre wear. Managed to snap some images whilst i was there.

Car on the ramp

001-1.jpg

n/s/f

002-1.jpg

n/s/r

003.jpg

View from above, so that's what birds see when they want to hit my car with their crap!

004.jpg

First reading from the Geo calibration...all i know is..green is good red is bad lol

005.jpg

After the calibration was done...all green=good

006.jpg

The drive home was a definite improvement, especially the way the car feels, it's more solid and sure footed and stayed with that solid feel even at speed. The car also turned into round abouts sharper than before where it used to be more relaxed and its like the back didn't follow the front type feeling. In all it was all done and at a very reasonable price and best of all knowing it was done correctly with a tried and tested method! Thumbs up to you Tony and the team (especially Mark? who operated "The boss" machine and cheers for installing the strut brace!). No doubt i will be back once i get my ARBs and lower springs. One thing i forgot to ask is isn't there a free checkup after a certain distance driven or something? Forgot to ask as i was looking forward to driving it after it was done lol.

Another happy WIM customer, we do go on about it on LOC, but what a difference when it's correctly set-up.

And yes, Tony does a free re-check and fine tune after xxxx miles, don't ask me how many, Tony would send me as an unwilling guest at a Max Mosley party for not bringing the car back for re-check :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links