Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Version And Updated Discs

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Rx400 SE-L with navigation and am thinking about buying updated disks from either eBay or Lexus-MapUpdates.

I have two questions:

Firstly I'd like to know which version of the nav software I have. The disc reads 86271-53030 - 2005-2006 Ver 1

and secondly whether the latest "E10" discs will work with my car. Some eBay sellers seem to say they will, but they would wouldn't they!

I've tried going through the forum but just ended up getting confused.

Any help welcomely recieved.

Cheers,

Unity

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested to know whether the E10 updates work in the RX too as you do seem them on eBay from time to time. Problem with the Lexus map updates site is that it only gives Lexus part numbers - not the same as the codes printed on the DVDs. Dealers seem to say that discs are not necessarily interchangeable from model to model, but I do not know whether that is true.

Though the 2007-2008 E10 discs (set of 4 DVDs) are available on eBay, I believe that they will be superced around November time which is when (dealers tell me) that new versions are released. I am sure that an iS220D I had as a courtesy car had 2007-2008 E10 version 2 discs, but ones on eBay said version 1????

All a bit of a mystery - so I will look out on the updates site from November onwards to see if there is a 2008-2009 version offered.

Thanks both.

Yes BGLister, it doesn't seem possible to get any useful info out of the Map Updates website.

It looks like the only way we will find out is by someone letting us know on this forum....

I reckon I may be joining you in getting a new 2008-2009 disk as I find the road coverage quite poor on the current 2005-2006 map.

When using the http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ website you will need to enter the longer code (7 numbers & letters) after 86271

- find the data under the DVD-ROM symbol on the Europe A disc, on the second line just below 86271-53030,

The service is excellent - discs promptly delivered, work well & are a significant improvement IMHO.

Good luck!

Would love to update but simply cannot find correct code. Despite website above.Would like genuine Lexus replacement.

Code on current disc 2004/05 Ver 2 - 86841-50100. Can anyone help please?

Incidentally how do you eject current disc ?

Many thanks

Would love to update but simply cannot find correct code. Despite website above.Would like genuine Lexus replacement.

Many thanks

Hi palace,

If its the same as my 06 model then you need to open the boot compartment where the jack is and near where the metal stay is (the one for holding the panel up) there is a plastic cover on the right-rear facing side. This cover can be unclipped and behind it (nearly impossible to see) is the DVD drive. There is a slider-button that you slide first and then push to eject the disc. The ignition must be on for it to be ejected.

Hope that helps.

Hi, the clue is in the name- "map updates". It only updates the maps on the DVD rom not the user interface. A friend has just updated his and it still looks and works exactly the same but now has our local by-pass on and other new roads

Sorry folks but it seems I just can't make it work.

I have the very first generation of dvd nav.

The disk (which is labelled TOYOTA) reads 08664-00921 and, below, 86271-70V221

Disk version is 1.01 (!), and the layout is pretty different from the one depicted on the lexus site. It seems it dates back to oct. 2000.

Now, if I enter the Lexus map-updates site, and enter 00921 after selecting vers. 08664 I get an error message (version not recognized). Same if I enter 70V221 (as maybe someone suggested above).

I tried the Toyota mapupdates site, and here I selected a "virtual" car (Landcruiser 100), then 08664 and entered 00921. Bingo, I was offered an update disk for 159 €. It is marked PZ485-T00EU-07.

Before going on with this latter disk, I'd warmly welcome any advice form you. Thanks! :blush: :blush: :blush:

(of course I'd rather avoid contacting my local dealer as I know the disk they sell is much more expensive)

Many thanks but how do I know which disc to buy to update?

]Would love to update but simply cannot find correct code. Despite website above.Would like genuine Lexus replacement.

Whilst I haven't tried it myself, I believe that the updated maps are available through your Lexus dealer, and if anyone should know which is the correct version they should! They may well be a bit more expensive than the map updates site but I guess its not something you have to updarte very often.

... They may well be a bit more expensive than the map updates site but I guess its not something you have to updarte very often.

That "a bit more expensive" translates into more than twice the price down here in Italy. I believe it's more or less all the same around Europe.

I'll keep the Lexus Dealer option as last. :winky: :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
:D

The update disk suggested by and bought on the Toyota site works flawlessly!

:D :D

Hi!

I've just joined the forum, and like you, I have a 2000 Lexus.

I want to update the mapping but I also get the error because I would appear to have a Toyota disc in my Lexus!!

My code on the disc box i think is the same as yours

08664-00921

86271-70V221

99001-01069

You mentioned last September that you recently got your updated disc.

Please could you let me know what the part number is?

(Is it someting like PZ485-T00EU-07 ?)

Also, as a matter of interest, could you look next time you have a few minutes to spare, and see if the ISLE OF MAN is on the map now?

Thank you very much for your time!

Kind regards

:)

• 1 month later...

I went to my local dealer at Lexus Plymouth. They charged me less than the Toyota official website did! So no complaints there. £120 all in...

As for the new disk....

Good point first, I can now enter destinations and play about with addresses, POI's etc. as i drive along which i couldn't do before.

The down side? STILL takes me on magical mystery tours. I was in Bristol yesterday and it told me that a hotel i was looking for was at the end of a single track road, 3 mins later, when i got to the end of said road it transpired it was someones drive! 15 mins later, after having to call the hotel to verify their address, it took me down a road as a short cut to the main road i needed, the road name was correct, but it was a cul-de-sac, therefore not a cut through!!

Plus, still no full postcode search, so finding a specific place at times, particularly an address with no number, you can only settle for a general area. not spot on to the address you want... Not impressed.

Hope this helps....

• 2 weeks later...
I went to my local dealer at Lexus Plymouth. They charged me less than the Toyota official website did! So no complaints there. £120 all in...

As for the new disk....

Good point first, I can now enter destinations and play about with addresses, POI's etc. as i drive along which i couldn't do before.

The down side? STILL takes me on magical mystery tours. I was in Bristol yesterday and it told me that a hotel i was looking for was at the end of a single track road, 3 mins later, when i got to the end of said road it transpired it was someones drive! 15 mins later, after having to call the hotel to verify their address, it took me down a road as a short cut to the main road i needed, the road name was correct, but it was a cul-de-sac, therefore not a cut through!!

Plus, still no full postcode search, so finding a specific place at times, particularly an address with no number, you can only settle for a general area. not spot on to the address you want... Not impressed.

Hope this helps....

I am thining of getting either a 2006 or 2007 RX400h, but would love to have navigation in motion.

The lexus map update site is not clear about which version of the navigation system can be updated with the new "enable nav in motion" dvd's

I understand the navigation and Bluetooth system where facelifted slightly in Oct 2006 - can anyone advise if the earlier models will still update or should I buy a post - Oct 2006 model?

any help much appreciated

[Whilst I haven't tried it myself, I believe that the updated maps are available through your Lexus dealer, and if anyone should know which is the correct version they should! They may well be a bit more expensive than the map updates site but I guess its not something you have to updarte very often.

One would have thought so but took 3 goes with my dealer to get the right discs and in the end I had to point them at the mapupdate site to get the right code. When I upgrade I will be using the map update site not the dealer:)

Will have a set up 2008/9 Gen 5 DVDs for sale when the new ones come out

Good news is that they allow entry on the move

Bad news is they disable previous hacks

(Have a 2007/8 UK disc arround which I keep meaning to eBay.)

rgds

Stephen

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links