Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys

As a new member I would like to ask some advice if possible. I have a N reg GS300 with 62,000 genuine miles. I am not mechanically minded or knowledgable.....

1. When will the cambelt need replacing?

2. Where is the best place to get a front bumper from? (I live in North West)

3. The previous owner drove the car with no mats and has worn a hole in the drivers well - it has also worn all the underlay, sound proofing away to chassis - about 6 inch round hole - any ideas on how to sort it?

4. Remote central locking doesn,t work although if I lock the car by key immobiliser light shows it's working and all the doors lock. I have two keys with one button on the side - am I best getting an after market remote system fitted or could an auto-electrician possibly sort it?

5. My rear fog lights seem to be wired into the normal lighting system so when my lights are on the rear fog lights are on also. I have had to take the bulbs out and when my lights are on the fog light warning light comes on the dash board although the front fogs work correctly with the fog light switch. This car has recently passed it's MOT and I thought it would be a failure.

I know I have asked a lot of questions but I have only had the car 2 weeks and want to get it sorted as it drives like a dream.

Many thanks in anticipation.....

Glyn

Cambelt is 60,000 miles or 6 yrs.If you have no service history there may be a sticker on the engine if it has been done. I can't help much on the rest though.

Cambelt is 60,000 miles or 6 yrs.If you have no service history there may be a sticker on the engine if it has been done. I can't help much on the rest though.

Cheers Dave....suppose I need it changing then - any idea on approximate cost from an independant garage? (Fitted price)

Does anyone have any answers to my other questions?

Thanks

No idea. Lexus Leicester did my 300 sport 2 yrs ago, 2nd cam belt 128,000 miles."B" service, plugs, cambelt etc etc £505 after LOC discount. Have you not got service history?

No idea. Lexus Leicester did my 300 sport 2 yrs ago, 2nd cam belt 128,000 miles."B" service, plugs, cambelt etc etc £505 after LOC discount. Have you not got service history?

Yes got full lexus history and will book in for the same service you had with my local dealer - doesn't seem a bad price including cam belt and it will keep the history up. I looked through it (service book) last night and there hasn't been a cambelt change. How do you get the discount if a member here?

Yes got full lexus history and will book in for the same service you had with my local dealer - doesn't seem a bad price including cam belt and it will keep the history up. I looked through it (service book) last night and there hasn't been a cambelt change. How do you get the discount if a member here?

Join as a gold member. Not all dealers will charge the same...Coventry Lexus wanted £900 and no discount so you need to compare Lexus dealerships. Cambelt change will not be in book but will be on sticker on engine or on receiptsfor service.

4. Remote central locking doesn,t work although if I lock the car by key immobiliser light shows it's working and all the doors lock. I have two keys with one button on the side - am I best getting an after market remote system fitted or could an auto-electrician possibly sort it?

That sounds like a common problem where the car "forgets" some of the keys for the remote locking. A dealer will charge you a fortune to re-programme the keys. On an IS you can do it yourself and there's a guide on the IS forum. Perhaps some of the GS owners here can comment on GS key programming ?

5. My rear fog lights seem to be wired into the normal lighting system so when my lights are on the rear fog lights are on also. I have had to take the bulbs out and when my lights are on the fog light warning light comes on the dash board although the front fogs work correctly with the fog light switch. This car has recently passed it's MOT and I thought it would be a failure.

That's a common mod on the IS, so I'm guessing the same is done on the GS too. I guess what you could do is to find a guide on how to add the mod, and then work backwards through it to un-do it. Have a look here

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links