Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

front will be fine - but an offset of ET45 would be req for the rear 9.5x19" rims, or roll the arches

hi am new to the forum and hoping i can get help and rub minds with fellow Petrol heads

pls am about to get new sets of alloys and wondering if these will fit 19''X9.5j rears and 19''X8.5j front 5x114 ETC35

thanks

roll the arches means pulling them out, which can be tricky as it may crack the paint therefore repainting req...

if you stick with the 8.5x19 and use some 5mm spacers to bring the wheel out that would work... as i have 8.5 x 20 on mine et35 with 5mm spacers.

got a pic of what it looks like at the moment? on my mk2 and customfitted the mesh to the origional grill... maybe possible with yours.

sorry 4 some reason am unable to upload a picture or copy and paste one but if u kindly have the time to look in the gallery--- lexus models--- GS 300 the 1st black GS300 on the top left with the front grille of the GS sport .

thats what i mean if i can get it customised and where or do i have to buy a complete gs sport bonet to get a mesh grille like that?

thanks again

Hi mate,

My GS300/Aristo currently has 19" wheels on with a front of 8.5" wide and the rears are 10" wide (so even better!). The rears have a et45 offset and the fronts et35 and no rubbing.

Spacers are not to be recommended usually....

After being messed around and let down by someone they are currently for sale too........... :whistling:

Hi mate,

My GS300/Aristo currently has 19" wheels on with a front of 8.5" wide and the rears are 10" wide (so even better!). The rears have a et45 offset and the fronts et35 and no rubbing.

After being messed around and let down by someone they are currently for sale too........... :whistling:

hello Anees thanks 4 ur time so u giving me d go ahead to buy 19x9.5 for the rear and i will need NO SPACERS?bcos i dont want spacers

what does the offset really mean et45 ?does it mean amendments have to be done to the rim or tyres for it not 2 rub??

Hi mate,

hello Anees thanks 4 ur time so u giving me d go ahead to buy 19x9.5 for the rear and i will need NO SPACERS?bcos i dont want spacers

what does the offset really mean et45 ?does it mean amendments have to be done to the rim or tyres for it not 2 rub??

In simple terms, the offset is HOW FAR THE WHEELS ARE FROM THE WHEEL HUB. Higher the number eg. et45 then they will be closer to the bodywork so not stick out past the tyre arch/car body. The lower the number e.g et30 means the wheels will be further away from the wheel hub and might stick out past the wheel arch which is bad.

The only reason mine don't rub is because of the et45 Offset. Cheaper wheels are normally et35 offset which again you can get a away with but NOT with a 10" wide rear. It WILL RUB. If your rear tyres are 9.5" wide with a et35 offset then I think you should just get away with it, but you might get a slight rub with a loaded car. I personally would try and get a better offset for the rear, especially if you plan on lowering the car at some stage.

I would also say go for a "fat tyre" setup which is to fit slightly larger tyres for improved ride comfort and traction. What tyres sizes are you going to get?

Hope that helps,

Anees :)

okay i guess i will spill the beans =here goes if u can kindly copy the link and paste it in your browser to see the set of rims i bought from e-bay its 19''X8.5j front and 19''x9.5j rears i honestly dont know what tyre size will fit or match as i am new 2 this all i want is a FAT look for my Lex .

what do u think ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-ALLOY-WHEELS-5X11...id=p3286.c0.m14

Looks nice :)

When I got my 19" wheels the shop recommended to me the following tyre sizes:

Front: 245/35/19

Rear: 265/30/19

but I personally would go for

245/40/19 and 275/35/19 or 285/35/19 for more comfort and traction.

thanx now i know wot to buy am not sure i can put up the pics when done up but i will try and do so in the gallery

thanks again for your time how much is ur car going for as i have managed to convert a few fiends of mine to Lexus and i have 1 who is looking for a good GS

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links