Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing Costs

UzziWozzi

Hey there,

I've got a service quote to cover 3 services for my Lexus for £1,200 interest free from my local lexus dealer. Is that a fair deal? It is due it's 5th year service in June, I'd like to have the car yearly serviced but have no idea with extra parts, costs etc. The deal that the dealers has given me will cover any extra bits and bobs needed on the car.

Thoughts anyone?

Hey there,

I've got a service quote to cover 3 services for my Lexus for £1,200 interest free from my local lexus dealer. Is that a fair deal? It is due it's 5th year service in June, I'd like to have the car yearly serviced but have no idea with extra parts, costs etc. The deal that the dealers has given me will cover any extra bits and bobs needed on the car.

Thoughts anyone?

Hi, this is my frist post so not sure if i'm doing this right....

I'm not sure where you are but I found this great deal from Lexus Dealer for cars older than four years!

See link below....

http://www.onlinelexus.co.uk/Servicing/Fix...or-4-years.aspx

Fixed service cost at £128.... I found it by mistake... going to cancel my booked appoinment for Oct and book into Brighton.

:crybaby:

Hey there,

Thoughts anyone?

Hi, this is my frist post so not sure if i'm doing this right....

I'm not sure where you are but I found this great deal from Lexus Dealer for cars older than four years!

See link below....

http://www.onlinelexus.co.uk/Servicing/Fix...or-4-years.aspx

Fixed service cost at £128.... I found it by mistake... going to cancel my booked appoinment for Oct and book into Brighton.

:crybaby:

Good find Nilesh, an excellent first post! :winky:

Oh and welcome to LOC... :whistling:

That is a good post!!!

Shame those offers are not at dealers anywhere near me, but it's good ammo if I do decide to get my car serviced at a Lexus dealer when the time comes :)

for what it worth I found out that the offer is way too good to be true so I contacted them..... here is what I got back when I asked them for a service quote for my IS 200 LE 50K service... I also asked what was included and excluded.

Thankyou for your email regarding a service on your IS200. I can confirm the cost for the service is £254.21, this includes all parts labour and VAT - What is included in the 50K is an oil and filter change. The service does not include brake fluid at this one, however we can do this at an additional cost if required. We also do offer an airconditioning service which we recommend annually where we degas the system check it all for leaks and regas it and include a sanitising treatment in it for a total cost of £99.00. When would you like to arrange an appointment for and would you require any alternative transport arrangements on the day, We can offer a loan car or a collection and delivery service (subject to availability), please be aware if you want a loan car for the day there is a £15 charge to cover it fully comprehensively for the day and we ask that you replace all fuel used during the loan period

This was from Will Smith Lexus Brighton.

Thankyou for your email regarding a service on your IS200. I can confirm the cost for the service is £254.21, this includes all parts labour and VAT - What is included in the 50K is an oil and filter change. The service does not include brake fluid at this one, however we can do this at an additional cost if required. We also do offer an airconditioning service which we recommend annually where we degas the system check it all for leaks and regas it and include a sanitising treatment in it for a total cost of £99.00.

Over £250 for an oil and filter change? Doesn't sound cheap to me. Lexus Exeter quoted me £160+VAT for a 70k service, which, I think, is the same.

When he says degas the air con, does he mean REGAS? I don't know much about this, but don't think it needs to be done annually! £99 a go too, puts it more than twice the price of getting it done at Kwik Fit IIRC.

EDIT: I do remember correctly: kwik fit link. They say every 2 years, at a cost of £44.95. Personally, not sure I would wanna deal with these people (not that i like kwik fit either mind!) but you pay ure money, you take ure choice...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, have a quick question. The lexus garage called me again to chase me up on taking up their offer on servicing over the next 3 years. He explained that the cam belt needs to be changed every 5 years.

The car has done about 15K, so would it matter if I didn't change the belt until I've done some real mileage (currently doing 1,000 miles every 6 weeks, so I'll be using me car well).

As always, will take on your advice :)

Hey guys, have a quick question. The lexus garage called me again to chase me up on taking up their offer on servicing over the next 3 years. He explained that the cam belt needs to be changed every 5 years.

The car has done about 15K, so would it matter if I didn't change the belt until I've done some real mileage (currently doing 1,000 miles every 6 weeks, so I'll be using me car well).

As always, will take on your advice :)

cambelt should be changed at years or miles which ever is soonest

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links