Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Dont Seem To Have An Amp

as my standard stereo is now f**ked for the 2nd time,have decided to get an after market stereo fitted but have fell at the 1st hurdle,have had the car looked at by 2 people and myself there is no amp behind the glove box....a few questions...1...why is it missing....2.....what are my options now.......3...does it matter....will it be a case of pullin the old one out and hookin up a new one job done any help or info welcome.....the car is an is200 02 plate....99% sure it will be a kenwood stereo if it helps....

If its an S model you have mate they dont have the amp fitted as only the SE and Sport model have the amp?

So you only need an ISO lead to connect up a new stereo and a new facia plate adapter like the ones found on eBay? So should be quite an easy swap over to a new headunit, :)

Heres an ISO lead CLICK ME! This lead is for the NON AMPLIFIED MODEL!

And a fascia plate for the new Headunit click me again!

:D

If its an S model you have mate they dont have the amp fitted as only the SE and Sport model have the amp?

So you only need an ISO lead to connect up a new stereo and a new facia plate adapter like the ones found on ebay? So should be quite an easy swap over to a new headunit, :)

cheers for that hopefully i can get what i need and sort it out cheers again for the reply....

Odd question, if you have a 'S' can you add/buy the amp in and just plug it in or are the wires not installed?

In a word - NO.

The upgraded sound system of the SE and Sport, I believe, runs a different headunit and speakers (rears are certainly different). Though some of the wiring may be present, I don't think it would be that simple.

A far better option, IMO, would be to install your own after market amp and speakers. The stock amp is very good for a stock item, but it's not a great or high powered amp really.

If you're looking to upgrade your sound system on an S model, best to move away from Lexus (though amp branded Toyota!) parts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links