Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Geometry Done Today

Wayhay, finally got the car back!!!!!!!!! I'm well pleased. Didn't realise how spoilt you get driving a Lexus, I was in an 06 plate Ford Fusion, perfectly nice car, but just didn't feel like my Lexus!

Anyway, the car feels good. It's really come together now, especially compared to what it was like when I first got it.

The parts changed were the lower suspension arm, track rod, and the bracket that holds it all together.

Only thing now is I have WIM settings on the nearside, and standard settings on the offside (not as much castor). It definitely proves out how much difference the WIM settings make, the car is much more sure of right turns where the weight goes on the nearside!

Hoping to get final adjustments to geometry soon :)

Well I've had chance to look the car over properly today in daylight. Well it was sort-of daylight, anyway...

The wheel is still about 1cm further back than the other side.

Could this just be differences in geometry? I have no idea what the geometry is set to on the repaired side but don't think it's the WIM settings, whereas the other side should be.

Tony - you mentioned you increase the castor angle to move the wheel further forward - would this account for the 1cm differenc or could something else be wrong? The garage where I took it was certain there is nothing else wrong...

Well I've had chance to look the car over properly today in daylight. Well it was sort-of daylight, anyway...

The wheel is still about 1cm further back than the other side.

Could this just be differences in geometry? I have no idea what the geometry is set to on the repaired side but don't think it's the WIM settings, whereas the other side should be.

Tony - you mentioned you increase the castor angle to move the wheel further forward - would this account for the 1cm differenc or could something else be wrong? The garage where I took it was certain there is nothing else wrong...

A change in camber will violate the toe and when this is corrected move the castor forward, the amount depends on the camber change.

There's information i need from the chassis that only the Geo machine can tell me so i suggest you call me when the car is on the rig and i will talk to the technician on the day.

If their intention is to help you then i'm sure they won't mind talking to the third party.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links