Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

34 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Sounds interesting, will it apply to existing purchases of the RZ or UXe ?

Seems to - per the T&Cs linked from the site:

2. The Programme:
2.1 The Lexus Reserve programme awards customers with 42 complimentary calendar days’ (‘Reserve Days') usage
of an additional Lexus vehicle (the ‘Reserve Vehicle’) in conjunction with the retail purchase (cash or finance) of a
Lexus RZ 450e EV and/or UX 300e from a Lexus Centre.
2.2 Existing customers who have purchased (cash or finance) a Lexus RZ 450e EV and/or UX 300e from a Lexus
Centre as a private retail customer , based in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, are able to use this
programme subject to 2.3.
2.3 Customers can use the Reserve Days over the course of 3 years from the date of registration of their new retail
purchase (cash or finance) Lexus RZ 450e EV and/or UX 300e or from the date of purchase of their used retail purchase
(cash or finance) Lexus RZ 450e EV and/or UX 300e, whichever applies.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/content/dam/lexus/nmsc/united-kingdom/cross-model/Lexus-Reserve-TandCs-2.pdf

• Like 2

When my dealer told me about this he didn’t know when the 3 years would run from on my car which was bought in May 2023. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

When my dealer told me about this he didn’t know when the 3 years would run from on my car which was bought in May 2023. 

As per the T&Cs - it’ll be three years from registration date (if you purchased a new car) or three years from date of purchase (if a used car).

Although I think this is a good move, I don't think it is a good look for either Lexus or ev's in particular.  "Buy a 72k Lexus and we'll lend you a car for when you want to travel somewhere"

Can't wait to see the response from the anti ev lobby and press when they find out.

• Like 1

John & Tickedon - I just received confirmation from Reserve that the 3 years cover does start from the purchase date. I sent this response 

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response. I think it is very unfair for Lexus to limit this to only 2 years in my case as I was one of the initial owners in May last year - and had a significant number of defects. 

If Lexus insists that the package is only 2 years then presumably I still get 42 days of alternate cars. 

Please let me know who I can complain to about this and by the way - I paid significantly more for my car than is available now complete with 3 years reserve. 

Regards 

25 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

John & Tickedon - I just received confirmation from Reserve that the 3 years cover does start from the purchase date. I sent this response 

Jack

Thanks for your prompt and helpful response. I think it is very unfair for Lexus to limit this to only 2 years in my case as I was one of the initial owners in May last year - and had a significant number of defects. 

If Lexus insists that the package is only 2 years then presumably I still get 42 days of alternate cars. 

Please let me know who I can complain to about this and by the way - I paid significantly more for my car than is available now complete with 3 years reserve. 

Regards 

Bob, just spoke to my dealer who confirms I could have a car for up to 2 weeks each year. As I bought the car last June he said I need to get a move on if I want one for 2 weeks before June comes around. He said they only found out 2 weeks ago  about this scheme which I find hard to believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Bob, just spoke to my dealer who confirms I could have a car for up to 2 weeks each year. As I bought the car last June he said I need to get a move on if I want one for 2 weeks before June comes around. He said they only found out 2 weeks ago  about this scheme which I find hard to believe.

While the marketing talks about 2 weeks per year, the T&Cs don’t - just 42 days within 3 years. I would clarify that specifically.

While not mentioned, I would also expect Lexus to limit the maximum reserve booking to 28-30 days. As it stops being a short term hire and the rules become more complicated after that.

I rec’d a response to my ‘complaint’. It has been escalated so we’ll see if they do use the date of purchase last year, not when the scene came in - last month. They confirmed that in my case I have 2 years 1 month I still have 42 days. There doesn’t seem to be a maximum booking time but they could easily regularise that by saying the car isn’t available after say 2 weeks. They confirmed the RX is on the list - they said that all Hybrid models were available except the LS, LM & LC models.

Whilst I agree with John’s point that it’s not a good look, it would have looked better if they had done the upgrade before releasing the car (= better reviews) and included Reserve as an option to drive a different car in the range - disguising the real reason. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John Adams said:

Although I think this is a good move, I don't think it is a good look for either Lexus or ev's in particular.  "Buy a 72k Lexus and we'll lend you a car for when you want to travel somewhere"

Can't wait to see the response from the anti ev lobby and press when they find out.

Good point. Although it does appear to be a generous offer it does imply that the EV is not suitable for some journeys.

• Like 2

I sent an email requesting a RX 450h for 10 days in August. No response, not even the normal …. We’ll get back to you. I’ll see if I can find a number and call them tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

Just checked. It now says the 42 days is limited to 2 weeks a year - so how am I to use the 42 days they have said I get but over 2 years ?  They really can’t much right can they. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

Just checked. It now says the 42 days is limited to 2 weeks a year - so how am I to use the 42 days they have said I get but over 2 years ?  They really can’t much right can they. 

That was always on some of the marketing. But it’s not included in the terms and conditions - and those are what is important. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links