Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Pete, how's the new motor suiting you?

Hi, had it a week now, done 800 miles in it and it is very good, it's got lots of torques... over 300 so it is relaxing to drive, it is very good for my back, the seat is very supportive and I've finally got it in the right position with lots of trial and error. It's done 50.6mpg but it is still very tight, they say to run it in for 1200miles so I have been taking it very carefully...

Keep the 430! Mobility deals are not that brilliant. You will qualify for free road tax on the 430, plus £258 into your bank account every 4 weeks.....i.e. 13 times per year, = £3,354 x 3 years = £10,057.

My wife was going to go down the Mobility lease scheme but wanted to be free to change her car whenever she felt like it, she loves her current car so much that she still has it some 11.5 years after buying it new...... I even offered to buy her the GS 430 that was for sale on here last month.

Hi. I know what you are saying, as RedDog says I don't get £258 a month it's £187, thats £6700 in three years, I thought long and hard about it but getting a car that costs nearly £20000 for that and one that suits my needs with no possibility of unexpected costs (not that I had any with the 430... one bulb was all that went in over a year) was too good a deal for me to pass up....

.... plus £258 into your bank account every 4 weeks.....

Where do those figures come from? Full mobility allowance is £46.75 per week. Therefore £187 every four weeks. I think your wife must be getting some care component with her money.

Hi, RedDog you are right, there are various different levels and it's all in with other allowances as well......

Still haven't advertised the 430 yet, I keep waiting for a nice day to clean it up and take some pictures, still, it hasn't been out in the salt this year so that's one good thing, I will have to get on with it but just before Christmas probably isn't a good time to try to sell it, so if anyones interested..... make me an offer. I want it to go to a good home and I am very willing to haggle if you promise to keep it nice....

Pete

Hi. I know what you are saying, as RedDog says I don't get £258 a month it's £187, thats £6700 in three years, Pete

Yes, you are both correct. I checked with my wife and it does include a care component which I thought was paid separately. Out of interest though, your figure of £6700 is still incorrect. The payment is made every 4 weeks, not monthly, so you get 13 payments per year. This equates to £7293 over the 3 year period ( £46.75 x 156 weeks = £7293. )

Hope you continue to enjoy your new drive and sorry to hear of your back problem.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Pete.

Looking at your MRI/X-Rays made me swallow very hard indeed, I know what back pain is, I live with it 24/7. I really do know exactly where you are coming from and later this morning will hopefully be picking up my LS460 to add a little creature comfort in my life. I too have a very second hand spine with T11/T12 & L1 looking like three consecutive pieces of edam cheese after an RTA in 2005 for the pleasure of being a rear seat passenger. All things being equal the LS will allow me to drive for more than 30 minutes without being crippled the next day. Ive tried to drive as many cars as possible over the last few weeks and can only describe the demonstrator I had as a magic carpet ride. It's too late now to go back as it's all paid for and this one will have to last a good few years. I really do wish you all the best and hope you find the comfort you are looking for. (me too)

Hi Pete.

Looking at your MRI/X-Rays made me swallow very hard indeed, I know what back pain is, I live with it 24/7. I really do know exactly where you are coming from and later this morning will hopefully be picking up my LS460 to add a little creature comfort in my life. I too have a very second hand spine with T11/T12 & L1 looking like three consecutive pieces of edam cheese after an RTA in 2005 for the pleasure of being a rear seat passenger. All things being equal the LS will allow me to drive for more than 30 minutes without being crippled the next day. Ive tried to drive as many cars as possible over the last few weeks and can only describe the demonstrator I had as a magic carpet ride. It's too late now to go back as it's all paid for and this one will have to last a good few years. I really do wish you all the best and hope you find the comfort you are looking for. (me too)

Hi

I think you will find the 460 will be fine, I find the seat in the 430 very good, it's just getting in and out that do me, probably something to do with being 6"5'!!!!!!

It took a while to adjust the seat to the right position because it has so many adjustments...... you will get there in the end though.... and don't forget to memorize the positions as you go or some helpful soul will press the buttons for a laugh and you'll end up at stage one again......

You will love the car...

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links