Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty Renewal... Worth It?

My used car wty expires at the end of Feb, and just had the renewal quote through- £680 payable by 10 monthly installments at no extra cost.

Doesn't seem unreasonable esp as it includes RAC membership, especially compared to BMW etc.

Is it worth taking out? I guess you don't know til you've had to make a claim! Peace of mind I suppose...

I'd be grateful for folks' views.

Been a good thread Robert. I'm sure your mind's made up by now but for what it's worth:-

You've spent a lot of money buying a luxury car, you've spent thousands running it. You've probably been very well looked after by your local Lexus Centre and know each other well by now. You've had peace of mind.

By going with Tesco you may save a couple of hundred quid, what's that in the big scheme of things.

Final thought, how will they treat you? Look how they treat their chickens!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the Lexus Warranty covers MOT Failure as well - something that I have not seen anyone else mention.

i understand the T&C's dave. but as per the comment made by ihpj, that statement above regarding cover of MOT failure is not 100% correct.

It is 100% for items covered. As per the rest of the warranty wear and tear items are specifically excluded from the MOT warranty. That is clear in the T&Cs which you say you understand.

and again like i said...i am referring to ihpj's statement.

It would be extremely useful in this debate if someone would take the time and trouble to produce a table which compares the cover offered by Lexus and (say) Tesco. However, what will always remain is the confidence that the insurer will interpret the conditions in the way the insured hopes. Clearly many people feel that they have been duped with these policies. Perhaps insurers should provide examples where particular claims have been rejected. A top 10 of rejections would be useful.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links