Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi there im new to the gs300 had an is200 a few years back and last week got a gs300 she has 180,000miles full lexus history one owner and is in exceptional condition for a 98 car even passed mot with no advisorys, but i have a few queries,

when i press the brakes i can hear a sort of woosh from under the bonnet as if the resouviour is refilling or something the brakes seem fine tho infact put new pads in it today. should i be worried.

also i seem to have really noisey tyres. its got budgets on it and im sure its them making the noise and not the bearings. its worse on some roads than others.

thanks for your help.

i love the car otherwise

scott

hi there im new to the gs300 had an is200 a few years back and last week got a gs300 she has 180,000miles full lexus history one owner and is in exceptional condition for a 98 car even passed mot with no advisorys, but i have a few queries,

when i press the brakes i can hear a sort of woosh from under the bonnet as if the resouviour is refilling or something the brakes seem fine tho infact put new pads in it today. should i be worried.

also i seem to have really noisey tyres. its got budgets on it and im sure its them making the noise and not the bearings. its worse on some roads than others.

Welcome to LOC mate, glad you like the car!

Where did you get the GS from as it sounds like that maybe the brake master cylinder and if it is you're looking at about £1200 just for the part - think the dealer wants £2000 for it!

Saying that this problem is just cropping up on these cars so not sure if it can be fixed another way, the Soarer guys see a lot more of this, a guy called GarethR on here may be able to help more if it is that?

Is it just a one off noise when you park the car up or is it constant everytime you're using the brakes?

As for tyres I've got Nexen N3000's on mine and they're lovely and quiet so if that other problem isn't major I'd definitely recommend those!

I honestly don't know mate, might be worth having a look at this thread:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=54932&hl=

A recon one for 450 sounds good actually!

GarethR is the guy who seems to know the most about these anyway, definitely worth dropping him a message to see what he says :)

I've resigned myself to the fact mine is going to go at some point but when it does I want to get it replaced as I like the car too much!

Actually if you read that thread there if you got it from a garage it says they're duty bound to cover things like that, got to be worth a go mate if you just got the car :)

Actually I'm talking out of my arse, if the light on the dash hasn't come on yet just don't worry about it and enjoy the new car :)

ive found a second hand unit for 400 pounds but dont want that breaking aswell. it only does it when the cars started and then after evry 5 or so times of touching the brakes.

It could just be charging up then, if you've not got the light on the dash about it yet don't worry about it :) I'd assumed it was all the time.

I usually hear mine when I've parked it up and turn the engine off, it's too noisy to hear it otherwise!

i got it from the auto trader. it didnt do it the other day now its started i would say maybe every 5 or 6 times the pedals pushed. will the brakes eventually fail. i only paid 1500 for it so wouldnt be worth fixing.

But was it private or trade from autotrader?

As long as it's fairly quiet (ie you can't hear it if the radio is on) then that's normal.

The 'brake assist' system relies on having a reservoir of compressed air available - the system simply charges itself up every few minutes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links