Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lumpy Braking

M D GEE

when braking around 40 mph i get a very bad vibration through the steering wheel once past 40 mph it seems to die of but when coming to a slow stop it feels very lumpy bhefore coming to a full stop...ive had it checked not by main dealer but cant seem to find a problem and have hit a dead end of what to look at changing...any ideas could it be a siezed calliper

when braking around 40 mph i get a very bad vibration through the steering wheel once past 40 mph it seems to die of but when coming to a slow stop it feels very lumpy bhefore coming to a full stop...ive had it checked not by main dealer but cant seem to find a problem and have hit a dead end of what to look at changing...any ideas could it be a siezed calliper

could be a seized caliper...this would cause the disk to heat up much hotter than it gets normally which could be giving you the wobble

having it checked is a funny one coz if you've just left the keys with the garage by the time the garage have got round to looking at it your brakes will have cooled down!! take your car out a spin till you feel the wobble starting pull over get out and check how hot each wheel is and the hottest wheel is the one you'll have the problem with.......

or if you can jack up the front and try and spin the wheels

hope that helps

could be a seized caliper...this would cause the disk to heat up much hotter than it gets normally which could be giving you the wobble

having it checked is a funny one coz if you've just left the keys with the garage by the time the garage have got round to looking at it your brakes will have cooled down!! take your car out a spin till you feel the wobble starting pull over get out and check how hot each wheel is and the hottest wheel is the one you'll have the problem with.......

or if you can jack up the front and try and spin the wheels

hope that helps

cheers mate i read through another post the other day and the amount of things it could be is crazy lets hope i nail it 1st time round thanks for the info...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links