Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 04 Brake Pedal And Driver Seat

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I was wondering if someone had similar problems with their RX300 SE-L '04

The driver seat is creaking when the car is moving... this is really annoying especially when driving without radio. I think I have traced to the bottom rail on the left hand side. I have tried WD40, buy apart from awful smell it didn't do much.

Another issue I have is with the Brake pedal. Sometimes when pressed slightly it squeaks and feels like it is stuck to the top a bit. Not sure it is trapped air or something like that. Lexus dealer somehow found an internal leak in the master brake cylinder and wants £1,500 to fix. I couldn't fault the actual breaking and went to another garage which couldn't see anything wrong with the master cylinder. strange....

Also the is a rattle I think is coming from the air vents near the windscreen on the left. Lexus wants £400 to refit new clips which I think a bit overpriced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

Sorry I can't help directly with your issues, however if you have had the car new and it has a FLSH, then approach the dealer who has serviced it from new/bought from and see if they can get some goodwill from Lexus. generally you will get something. However if you bought it second hand from a Trader (recently) then approach them for help with the cost - recent change sin consumer legislation have weighted the burden of proof in your favour.

I would [politely] suggest that if you want help, then you need to post up much more information as mileage, service history, when last serviced etc. for people to get a better idea of the car and its problems - meaning if your ca has done nearly 100K then this may affect the advice we give you!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links