Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Widow Sensor Fault

mgeev

First time post here as I am a new Lexus owner.

Hi to all.

I am well happy with my IS200 sport all but one problem.

When I try to close my drivers side window it reaches the top and then goes back down about 3" No matter what I do it happens every time.I am thinking there might be a sensor and it might be faulty.

Any help please.

Big thanks from Mark.

If I keep hold of the switch and let it go all the way to close then it closes but as soon as I take my finger off the switch it then opens about 3"

A friend says he thinks there is a sensor in the top of the door frame where the glass meets the frame on closing and that it may be faulty.

Beats meI have no ideas.

Mark.

If I keep hold of the switch and let it go all the way to close then it closes but as soon as I take my finger off the switch it then opens about 3"

A friend says he thinks there is a sensor in the top of the door frame where the glass meets the frame on closing and that it may be faulty.

Beats meI have no ideas.

Mark.

try putting the window all the way to the bottom and hold the switch down then put the window all the way to the top and hold the button up.

no sensor in the door frame dude their is a senor on the motor that detects pressure on the window and if it does the window shoots down.

could poss be a faulty motor.

hope that helps

Yeah Ormi's right, there no sensor in the door,

it all works off a Torque sensor on the motor,

basically its thinking its hitting an obstacle (childs head or something) sticking out the window, so it stops and retracts a bit so it doesnt trap said childs head.

by holding the button down top and bottom your trying to reset it to realise it reached the top not an obstacle.

Stav

Yeah Ormi's right, there no sensor in the door,

it all works off a Torque sensor on the motor,

basically its thinking its hitting an obstacle (childs head or something) sticking out the window, so it stops and retracts a bit so it doesnt trap said childs head.

by holding the button down top and bottom your trying to reset it to realise it reached the top not an obstacle.

Stav

Torque sensor............

cheers stav thats the words i was lookin for couldnt think of them so used pressure instead!!! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links