Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Have A Story To Tell Lexus Magazine?

Last week, while out road testing my induction kit to get some urban driving temperature data as you do. I saw for the first time a modified lexus in my small town (apart from mine ofcourse!). Infact it's the only one i've ever seen in real life, never been to any lexus meets as they're always too far away. I live in a town that you can't even see clearly on google earth! There are 3 other lexus is200 in my town, but they are standard and used as "normal" cars. I have only seen one of these owners, but they are just the usual drivers and they don't think much in seeing another lexus. This lexus i have never seen before was travelling the opposite direction to me. I was in traffic going slow pace while the other side was quite free so only just noticed it when it was right beside me and passing. I couldn't flag it down in time without smashing my hand out of the driver side window and we all know how slow the drivers window takes to come down, but i could see the driver was male and he definetely saw me, how can you miss my rainbow coloured lexus, silver body, black bonnet, white wheels, red calipers, fugly driver.

You have to remember i hardly ever goto my own town unless it's going to the highstreet and even then you can walk through our highstreet in 10 minutes because it's so small and theres no shops that really offer me a reason to go to them. We haven't even got a McDs or KFC, that's how small it is and half the shops i knew had closed down since i last visted like 3 months ago. Anyway, obviously the guy i saw driving past me in his lexus is into modding, it was lowered, spoiler, red calipers (a dead giveaway). I thought to myself after the moment has past "what a shame, i missed the opportunity to meet the guy and could share some rather good info and experiences about the car". Nevermind it would be very unlikely that he lived in my town and is probably just passing, maybe on a vist to familes, friends etc not someone local and as i have mentioned our highstreet has nothing to offer.

A few days later whilst i was out to my local post office (yes, luckly we are blessed with one of them) in the morning before driving to work to collect parts that i ordered for my car. They ended up giving me someone elses parcel amongst my 3 other bits and bobs (elbow hose, T-bolt clips, torque wrench, if you really want to know!). I only realise this when i got home from work and didn't fancy getting up slightly earlier just to return the parcel back to the post office. The addressee (is that even a word?) was infact addressed to a Dr **** and is a street in my town, and being a good person that i am, i would return it. But unfortunately i'm also rather lazy one and have left it for a few days. Kind of made my own excuse up, as it was Sunday it is very unlikely that the person would be in as it seems like a doctors building and doctors don't work on Sundays, i mean noone gets sick on Sundays, only Mondays ;).

Few more days past, my shoulder angel was now annoying me everytime i'm in the car as the parcel is staring at me from the drivers seat, placed there by myself to remind myself to return it. It could be important as it's addressed to a doctor, someones life could be at state, could be xray results after a crucial scan, but judging by the weight and size it's more likely to be a doctors monthly magazine. I mentally classed it as "Not Important". Oh this by the way reminds me when i used to goto the newsagents with no intention to buy, just to browse throught the magazine section and always wondered why they would name a magazine "PC World", when infact it was for doctors, but thats another story and yes thats one of the shops that's now closed down because the owner of the building wanted to use it and convert the building into flats, i mean that's where the monies at right? And the landlord has rasied the rent so much that the shop owner can't rent it and make a decent enough profit. It's not that noones uses the shop and not profitable, it's just the landlords devious scheme to drive the shop owner out. Im full of these useless info about my town consider that i only stay behind my pc. Mind, i didn't help much as i only went there to browse the magazine section and never actually bought anything, used it as a library really.

Where was i? Yes back to the package. It was double wrapped, it was first wrapped by brown paper and then again by a see-through plastic bag. Kind of also funny as it was wrapped in a plastic bag over the original packaging. Reading the back of the plastic bag it had a message from the post office apologising for the fact they had ripped the original paper packaging and they had to provide the plastic bag round it. This would explain the double packaging. Double wammy to the addressee (that word again), not only is it damaged, it's also late/lost lol.

Today as i pulled up to my drive after a hard days work and was about to parkup and leave the car when it hit me again, yes it was my angel. It was firing arrows at me now, do angels carry arrows? No, ofcourse not, thats cupid, stupid. Anyway it wasn't love it was for hate and my angel borrowed it off cupid to use against me. I can't leave it for another day surely, was trying to find an excuse for myself, but was too tired to think of an excuse, told you i was lazy. My conscience was practically shouting at me now too, so i'd better return it "stop being a lazygit and return it". Let me pause here for a second to remind you all, i'm living that lifestyle where i do the same thing everyday, wake up the same time, get in the same car, wait for the same last "airbag" light to go off before turning the engine, drive to work at the same time, get caught behind the same tractor, see the same cars on the same way to work, nearly always close to running this crazy woman over that likes to walk her little dog to feed the ducks, dodge the same potholes, arrive at work at the same time, have lunch at the same time, go home at the same time, pass the same cars again that i saw on the way to work at the same road etc. Anyway you get the point, i'm bascially like one step before i have a mid-life crisis kind of thing I think and a bit like the film "The Truman Show" staring Jim Carrey where everything is staged and, well the same. Why break a three year old cycle? I've already lost count how many days i've had the package 3 days, 4 days? What the hell i thought, let's be wild and do something different!

So started car again, quickly checked the address again, tapped postcode address into phone to double check it's the place i'm thinking, again came up with a road that's not even right, so had to re-enter via streetname. My phones got this stupid map in it, it's never been right, always off by like a few streets, but it's free and at least it had the street names, just don't expect it to find the place you're looking for via postcode, appearantly according to the map, i live on a empty field and yes it's the latest version of map they have and my house is over 100 years old, surley that gives them enough time to correct it! Anyway I drove to the address, it was a diffcult one to find as the street was split up by a few roads and some of them are one way street with nowhere to park. After driving through the correct road, i discovered that the house number is elsewhere on the other side of town on a one way street and it was easyer walking to it. By now i'm on foot, ended up asking a taxi driver where the house number is so i don't have to walk too far to search for it. Poor taxi driver thought i wanted a lift and started his engine lol. I finally found the house, was a nice house too, wonder if i'll get a reward for being kind, did Jesus get rewarded for being nice? When i knocked on the door, a lady at the address answered and was happy and thankful that i returned the parcel and told me that this would explain why the post office couldn't find the parcel for Dr ****.

With a halo above my head i skipped hurriedly back in my car, was parked on double yellow and didn't want a ticket, last time i got a ticket, my fine was more than the money i took out of the cash machine, the reason why i parked at the double yellow in the first place! Bet you all thought the package belonged to the owner of the lexus, sorry it didn't happen that way. I could lie about it, but i'm telling you as it is, not like politicians, lies lies lies. But I did bump into that elusive lexus again thou. It was one car ahead of me this time, i set my target and followed it, checked my petrol to make sure I had enough fuel incase it "went out of town". Fastest 30mph chase ever, not letting it go this time, after a few turns the lexus indicated right and the car in front of me drove ahead. My chance to get right behind it i thought and i did. I flashed my headlights at him, but there was no acknowledge from the driver. Still i followed it, few more streets, twists and turns and finally it turned into a parking space along a house. I also parked up in front of it using only one click of the handbrake (that's my bad habbit), the car started rolling back, stuffed it in first gear, car stopped rolling backwards lol.

At the back of my mind i could picture the driver getting out and punching me in the head for some reason. But he didn't, or rather a she. I'm sure it was a male in the driver seat that i saw the other week. I swiftly introduced myself before she had a chance to bring out the pepper spray and explained to her that i'm not crazy (lies) and excuse me for following you, but you have a nice lexus and she told me that she did see me in her rear view mirror (lies, women only use that for doing their makeup lol). She explained that her hubby whos working away did the mods himself and that he'll be back this Sunday and that i'm welcome to drop by and chat about "man stuff". The house shes parked up by is not where they live, she was just visting someone with their daughter. They only had the lexus for 6 months, may have belonged to someone from this forum, infact the owner could be someone in this forum. I couldn't talk long as her young'un was running rampant and threaten to run out into the middle of the road, so i said my goodbyes and will drop by next sunday at their home address. She seemed genuine and not given me a false address like women do with their phone numbers. I'm beyond that, i can't even get their fake numbers!

That's it so far, sorry, no monsters or alien abductions, just real life. As you can see my life kind of revolves round my car. Those who have read this far, you have too much time on your hands and i'm probably still trying to iron out the typos i've made and wondering where i can fit the word "Hippopotamus" into all this. But never the less, thank you for reading and all donations are greatly recieved to get me out of my routine, but more than likely, i'll spend it all on my car!

Who knows what this could lead to? A long lost school friend, i mean i have been living in this town for the past 15 years, discover that his wife has a "nice" sister and i get married and live happy ever after, painting your lower springs is actually a waste of time, the mind ponders. This is a perfect excuse to rant about this correctly titled post. The only ever time i post this much was when i complained about paypal HERE, it's like a 4 page saga. But i suggest you read that another day, it's like watching one film after another, the mind goes numb. Lord of the rings trilogy anyone? Ok trilogy is 3, but you know where im coming from.

• 4 weeks later...

I get - or should say used to, havent' had one in a while, the Lexus magazine and my dad gets the lexus and Daimler (merc) mag.

To be honest, the Lexus mag is just to much of an upper market (BA first class) content/lifestyle magazine. While it occasionally contains some interesting stuff, even the decent articles bang on too much about the scenery here and life there etc and not about the cars/technology etc.

When you think about Lexus and the way it has grown - now that would be an interesting story to read about! - then its surprising that they don;t talk about their features in detail much.

The Daimler Tech report (ok name gives a clue) contains loads of really interesting reports on the work they do on future models/technology etc and show where they are looking as manufacturers. Rarely do they talk about the colour flowers that they passed on road testing a new model in Poland or something.

I know Lexus want to sell/create a lifestyle but maybe they could also acknowledge that there are many people out there that would be very interested in finding out about what went into building their cars or developing them/new ones.

The other half of the mag can then be about £100k designer tables that no one can afford and stuff like that.

VVProtocolVV please let me know where your town is, I wanna be in the next part of your story :lol: :lol:

I don't think what you have written is what LexusMag is after but worth a try :whistling:

I guess my 98,000 mile 2001 Auto Supercharged IS200SE with massive boot sound install & custom

Sat-nav Housing with multi DVD & reverse camera probabaly isn't what they are after either :0 but

whilst they are listenening I will say Lexus Sidcup is a nice dealership, especially the Service Dept :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links