Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI,

Please help!

I'm sure the subject of tyres has been covered before but I'm looking for concise overall opinion on the best replacement tyres for a MK3 GS300.

I'm looking for:

1) The quietest road tyre available.

2) Grips well in the wet.

3) Value for money. £100 per tyre mark.

4) A leading brand name, Michelin, Dunlop, Yokohama (OE tyre) etc.

5) Should I let Lexus fit the tyres or can any tyre fitter be trusted.

I need 2 for the rear for my next service in May so I'm keen to hear any advice.

What is the best tyre that you have fitted!!!!!!!! :)

try camskill.co.uk used them the past few times.

On my IS i had Michelin Pilot Sports, Marangoni Zeta Lines and Goodyear Eagle F1's GSD3

I found the Goodyears to best all rounders

On my IS i had Michelin Pilot Sports, Marangoni Zeta Lines and Goodyear Eagle F1's GSD3

Thanks for the opinion guys.

I've been on this website and found useful info which matches what you say:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...mp;sortValue=17

I've found Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s' for £122 from MyTyres, they seem a bargain at the moment. I'll get a price for Lexus to fit them.

I've found Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s' for £122 from MyTyres, they seem a bargain at the moment. I'll get a price for Lexus to fit them.

I've a MK2 GS300 so this may not be totally relevant - When I was looking for new tyres, after reading all the recommendations on this site and others, I went for the Goodyear GS-D3....

While they are VERY good tyres overall, they have somehow failed to open my shoe laces in any particular aspect - It's like I can't fault them for anything but neither can I congratulate them for anything :unsure:

In other words, when the time comes for new tyres again I'll definitely be looking to change - not because I'm unhappy with the GSD3s but because there are definitely tyres out there that will be more suited to my particular requirements....

Also, £122 a piece seems a bit pricey - when I got mine a few months ago (Okay, probably nearer a year ago) they were only €90 each delivered to Ireland from Camskill which is just under £80 sterling in today's money!

I've a MK2 GS300 so this may not be totally relevant - When I was looking for new tyres, after reading all the recommendations on this site and others, I went for the Goodyear GS-D3....

While they are VERY good tyres overall, they have somehow failed to open my shoe laces in any particular aspect - It's like I can't fault them for anything but neither can I congratulate them for anything :unsure:

In other words, when the time comes for new tyres again I'll definitely be looking to change - not because I'm unhappy with the GSD3s but because there are definitely tyres out there that will be more suited to my particular requirements....

Also, £122 a piece seems a bit pricey - when I got mine a few months ago (Okay, probably nearer a year ago) they were only €90 each delivered to Ireland from Camskill which is just under £80 sterling in today's money!

Thanks for info.

I want a tyre that reduces road noise more than anything, i'm not a sporty driver by any stretch.

Regarding the price, what size wheels did you have. The price differance is huge depending on rims! I will try camskill again though.

I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on my IS200. Cost me £93 each (215/45/17) from Blackcircles (after using various discount/promo codes).

Suggest you try the Goodyear Eagle F1A's.

F1A's have good grip and low noise.

I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on my IS200. Cost me £93 each (215/45/17) from Blackcircles (after using various discount/promo codes).

Yep, that's the tyre I'm going to choose. I'm going to try and hunt down the best price!

Thanks for info.

I want a tyre that reduces road noise more than anything, i'm not a sporty driver by any stretch.

Regarding the price, what size wheels did you have. The price differance is huge depending on rims! I will try camskill again though.

17" wheels - GS-D3's I got were 235/45/R17 94Y.

Road noise was reduced a little over previous cheaper tyres but I'd bet there is quieter out there.

Went for a quick spin last night on back roads and, in fairness, the grip from those tyres is exceptional :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, that's the tyre I'm going to choose. I'm going to try and hunt down the best price!

I'm also looking to chane the 2 front tyres on my GS300 soon. I was also looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics - How did your F1A's work out? One of the guys at Lexus recommended the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/40 R18 as a cheaper alternative. Anyone tried them before and know long do they last? I am just looking for a quiet and comfortable tyre that will last me hopefully around 20k miles...

HI,

Please help!

I'm sure the subject of tyres has been covered before but I'm looking for concise overall opinion on the best replacement tyres for a MK3 GS300.

I'm looking for:

I need 2 for the rear for my next service in May so I'm keen to hear any advice.

Any tyre dealer can fit them that is what they do for a living if you let Lexus fit them you will have to pay a lot more than a tyre dealer.

HI,

Please help!

I'm looking for:

Any tyre dealer can fit them that is what they do for a living if you let Lexus fit them you will have to pay a lot more than a tyre dealer.

Quite a saga this one. I'm now having Dunlop SP Sport 01s fitted by Lexus. The reason is because the Dunlops are now the OE tyre fitted to Lexus GSs' and apparently very quiet. I was supposed to have had them fitted today but for a mix up, tyres not ordered for me, I have to wait until next Saturday.

The reason i'm paying a little more for Lexus to fit the tyres is due to the £200 sensor arrangement fitted to the wheel, if Lexus brake this they will replace it, so I get piece of mind.

Off topic, my major service went well today, apart from lack of tyres. Good experience and the car feels like new, amazing really. Another thing I noticed was the lovely smell coming from the air con, I hadn't realised how pongy it had got until a new filter was fitted!

I shall report on the Dunlops when I get them on!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links