Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting An Aftermarket Alarm

Hi Guys

Has anyone personally fitted an aftermarket alarm in their IS200 ?

my alarm doesn't work, does nothing, i lock the car whilst sitting in it, can move about, and even start the car, no alarm or no immobaliser function at all.

so i'm thinking about putting in an aftermarket one rather than spending hundreds on an auto electrician to sort out the factory one :/

any info you guys can give me would be most appreciated

How long did you wait before moving about? i think theres about 30seconds to wait.

and the car prob will start cause your using the right key that'll turn the immobiliser etc off.

If your fitting an aftermarket alarm you need it fitted by a professional for the Cat1 etc to be valid as well.

sorry guys, its a New car so i'm still learning all the bits and bobs on it, its a 51 plate,

what would be the best way too actually test the alarm is functioning properly ?

do what i did before but wait 30 secs or so before doing a dance in the chair ? :lol:

Actually you need to wait for the red "Security" light to start flashing. It will start on solid, then after about 30 secs it will start flashing and the alarm will be armed etc. Then if you wave your hands about it should set the alarm off. That's how my car works, anyway (1999 model).

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links