Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need To Borrow A Locking Wheel Key Asap

Hi All.

I have a bubble in my front tyre, so decided to change it last night for my spare. Anyway, after jumping up and down on the 4 normal nuts (they are very very tight) i came to the locking wheel nut, and its torn the key slightly, so it just slips off the nut now.

Im wondering if i can borrow anyones who live in the manchester area today. My friend is coming around this morning at 9:30 to see if hecan possibly weld the tear mark in it, but i think its doubtful.

Thanks again

The keys aren't the same for all cars, so you'd have to be very lucky to find someone nearby with exactly the same key.

Your best bet is to go down to a local tyre place and give them a few quid to take it off. They will be very used to taking locking wheel nuts off where the owner doesn't have the key.

If your wheel nuts are the type where the key has pins sticking out of it, then they're rubbish and do break very easy. I recommend getting some better ones, e.g. McGard.

Had a similar problem on Friday. Slackening off the wheel nuts to gain access to my calipers, to find that the locking nut was seized, not able to budge it I drove down to a friend who runs a tyre shop and with ease he slackened it. Hate to think what would have happened if I'd had a flat. :crybaby:

My advice is CHECK YOUR NUTS :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links