Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Insurance Question

Arjinder

Some idiot in a chelsea tractor reversed into my Lex today while t was parked up. luckily i was just a few meters a way and saw, so i run up to him and tried to get him out but he drove off just as i got to his window anyway didn't look too bad until me and my friend had a look at it after phoning the police. Got his reg number I'm after you lol

Damage:

Dented, scratched bonnet which has also been pushed up 2 cm on the left hand side. (might need hinges replacing or the entire bonnet)

Creaked grill

But the bonnet being pushed up is the worse.

nothing damaged under the bonnet thank god.

Police took details and said they are going to track the number plate then hold interviews with the person who is probably going to deny everything (i have witnesses) the police said he'll get done for driving without due care and attention and making off from a RTC thats gong to take ages....

anyway need to notify my insurance just wanted to know what to tell them will the claim be put on my name the car was parked and nobody was inside this is the first time i'm ringing the insurance to report a claim.

yh will be in your name and you will have to pay the excess if the third party denies the accident ever happened, its good u got the reg number and make and model, as this is all what insurance needs, police will be useless as usual.

get the witness details for sure, and when the third party does not admit fault or denies it totally, then there will get statements from the witnesses make sure the witness includes make model and reg plate, thats where the witness for my dads went wrong.

you got a good chase, but if you are in a position to pay the excess get the car repaired, if the third party admits then you sorted, car will be repaired and you will be offered a decent hire car, unlike the ford ka i got. as there recover the full costs, if there deny then prepar yourself to put up with the damage on the car if you not able to pay the excess, and the excess will only be waived once it settled.

good luck

yh will be in your name and you will have to pay the excess if the third party denies the accident ever happened, its good u got the reg number and make and model, as this is all what insurance needs, police will be useless as usual.

get the witness details for sure, and when the third party does not admit fault or denies it totally, then there will get statements from the witnesses make sure the witness includes make model and reg plate, thats where the witness for my dads went wrong.

you got a good chase, but if you are in a position to pay the excess get the car repaired, if the third party admits then you sorted, car will be repaired and you will be offered a decent hire car, unlike the ford ka i got. as there recover the full costs, if there deny then prepar yourself to put up with the damage on the car if you not able to pay the excess, and the excess will only be waived once it settled.

good luck

looks like my insurance might possibly go up and just as it was suppose to go down....... Well ill have to wait and see what happens if not ill just fix it myself i guess shouldn't be too hard new grill and take a closer look at the bonnet (better then having a claim on my name if it all goes pair shaped) well still drivable so thats the best thing. bloody idiot

hopefully he admits the bonnet is in need of a re-spray motorway stone chips :whistling:

my advice is report it to the your insurance company and let them deal. it will be very hard for the third party to deny once you got witness statements, and if he does continue you would end up going to court, and if that does happen, it is more then likely the judge will see it in ur favor specially with witness details.

if at the end of it all, if 0% your fault, then it should not affect your insurance at all. some insurer dont even allow 50/50 affect the price.

my advice is report it to the your insurance company and let them deal. it will be very hard for the third party to deny once you got witness statements, and if he does continue you would end up going to court, and if that does happen, it is more then likely the judge will see it in ur favor specially with witness details.

if at the end of it all, if 0% your fault, then it should not affect your insurance at all. some insurer dont even allow 50/50 affect the price.

nice one mate gotta ring them 2mrw claim lines closed at 5 today.. ill post tomorrow let you know what they say.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links