Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Advice Required For New Is200 Brake Discs, Pads And Calipers

Hello all,

I have a 2003 IS200 Sport (18" wheels) and i changed the wheels to some nice 5 spokes which now expose the discs and calipers which look really worn and rusty. Im after some advice on what discs, pads and calipers i should buy and where the best places to get them from are in terms of price and customer support, ive been told get some grooved but not drilled discs and maybe green stuff pads but i would like some pads that dont emit much or any brake dust, if possible? Im a novice when it comes to car parts so any info would be very much appreciated with makes / types etc. I dont mind spending a bit of money on decent kit as long as its all good quality and looks the business ;)

Thanks in advance for any assistance

J

If your calipers are working fine then there's no need to replace them. Just clean them up with a wire brush and some de-greaser (being careful not to get the pads all gunked up), and then paint them in your chosen colour.

Several members on here have reported that the Mintex pads produce less dust than the OEM brake pads, though I haven't tried them myself (and beware of sets on eBay that seem too cheap, they're probably fake).

due a set myself soon and have been looking at Black Diamond discs at www.performancecentre.co.uk/

Thanks those Black Diamond discs definitely look the part, my Lexus is black and ive got part black wheels too! Do you know which ones are best, im looking at the ones one the site here: http://www.performancecentre.co.uk/p/sv_pl...1&PTC=BRB01

Do you know whats best to go for: Cross-Drilled, Groove/Drilled or just Grooved?

Thanks

If your calipers are working fine then there's no need to replace them. Just clean them up with a wire brush and some de-greaser (being careful not to get the pads all gunked up), and then paint them in your chosen colour.

Several members on here have reported that the Mintex pads produce less dust than the OEM brake pads, though I haven't tried them myself (and beware of sets on eBay that seem too cheap, they're probably fake).

Yeah i think my calipers are working OK, they just look a bit out of place with the new wheels, i was thinking about painting them myself but ive never done this before, do you know if there's any good novice guides to doing this? Also whats the usual market price for a new set of decent ready-painted calipers?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links