Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It Felt Good!

Just phoned up one of my credit card company to tell them to close my account, as the balance is zero! Not sure anyone can remember, so i'll do a bit of recap.

A while ago my credit limit was £5000 and i've had the card for like 10 yrs or more, just paying it back and using it as you do. When the balance built up to around £3500, i decided to save money on the side and paid off £2500 in one go. Soon as i done that, they dropped my credit limit to £500! I phoned up and asked if there was some kind of mistake as to why my credit limit was dropped by £4500. It's not if i wasn't paying anything back, missing payments, or wasn't getting any income etc and they just said the BS of decision is done using their rating etc. Anyway, left it at that as they was having none of it after i asked to at least raise the limit a bit more than £500.

Since then, i been paying it off slowly as the interest wasn't very much anyway a month and today phoned up to double check my balance on the card is zero and told them to close the account. I was past to the account closure department and was asked the reason why i wanted to close it and they would like to make some offers to "keep me" with them. I explained to them all of above and they wanted to put my limit back to £5000, in which i promply replied "no thanks, when i did want the money you turned me away and lowered my limit for virtually no reason". But i've already made up my mind many moons ago when i found out they dropped my credit limit and swear that soon as i pay it off im going to close it! The fun bit was when they said that i also had another card with them to which i told them that i'll also be closing that one. LOL

Rant over!

nice one mate, must feel good to finally get it cleared off, and the BS there give you for lowering the limit, there did that to my dad on a credit card which was already zero, from 8k limit to 1500 lol he wasnt bothered

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links