Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1996 Lexus Ls400 Front Bumper Trims Pieces

the state of these trims is letting the look of the lexus down - both are broken and hanging down and i have been meaning to replace them for a while and so phoned our nearest dealer.

The partsman came back to me to say the on their system the trim appears as one whole piece which fits from corner to corner of the front bumper - on the car they are just fitted at the edges - he emailed me a screenshot to confirm. the part number is 59711 and was pulled using the car reg number - there is no other part listed

can anybody here confirm wether this is the correct part or not - i dont mind if it goes right round the bumper as long as it will fit my MK3

also the cd changers packed up aswell - it wont play cds and shows error 21 - quick googling tells me this is a common problem - rang a few breakers but no luck so far - if anyone can help please let me know

hi mate, we have the same issue with the front bumper trim on our ls.

when we had a friend of mine round who is a lexus tech ( he was taking the alternator out) he sed he`d rather take the alternator out a few times than fit one of those bumper trim things. i left it as that so i presume it is quite a job.

when i get a chance i am just gunna cut them down to size so they are evenly sized/angled.

hi mate, we have the same issue with the front bumper trim on our ls.

when we had a friend of mine round who is a lexus tech ( he was taking the alternator out) he sed he`d rather take the alternator out a few times than fit one of those bumper trim things. i left it as that so i presume it is quite a job.

when i get a chance i am just gunna cut them down to size so they are evenly sized/angled.

thanks for the reply anuj

youre right! its not a straight forward job - you have to atleast remove the wheels and mud guards and then you dont know how good access is or how rusty the bolts are !!

i was hoping to take it into the local garage and let them do.

cutting them is an easy option but i dont like cutting corners !!! LOL - im a perfectionist so ill leave that as the very last option

Hi Guys,

Fitting these is quite a simple job.

Raise the front of the car for easier access and simply turn the wheels to full lock. The wheel arch liner does not have to be removed but can be be freed at the front and pulled back to give more room. The parts you need are held on by (from memory) 5, 10mm nuts which were removed with a 1/4 drive socket. You get at the nuts from above. When I changed mine the car was 12 years old and all came undone. (You may need a quick spray of WD40). It is a bit of a fiddle to line up the bolts and holes when re fitting, but certainly not difficult.

It's a couple of years since I did the job, but I'm sure it was no more than 1-2 hours max.

I seem to remember that Jellybean had the same query and I think he said the parts were around £35-£40 per side. On the 95 car (Mk 3)it was certainly seperate pieces.

I've never changed the alternator but I'm sure it's much harder than this!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links