Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok my gs has a broken remote fob. Nothing wrong with the Battery so i got a spare one from a car being broken in the hope lexus could recode it to my car. Problem is they tell me i need the master key. I only have 1 key and its black. Normally master keys are red. Is there any other way to get it coded without a master key?

I believe the master is black even on the Mk1. If it is a genuine Lexus key then a master will lock/unlock the glovebox. It would be possible for a third party key to be cut as a master key but not programmed as one, if that makes sense.

The Mk1 has a UK installed alarm system rather than being integrated into the engine ECU like the later models so it is not as difficult to get new master keys.

Does the key have any electronics in it, as mine has no buttons. I have a separate remote fob. The key looks genuine to me with a a gold L stamped into it. I did wonder if the car was alarmed or imobilezed.

The electronics for the doors/alarm etc. are in the remote keyfob.

If the key is a master key it will open glovebox, boot and the bootlock just under your dash by the petrol flap opener.

Does the key have any electronics in it, as mine has no buttons. I have a separate remote fob. The key looks genuine to me with a a gold L stamped into it. I did wonder if the car was alarmed or imobilezed.

The electronics for the doors/alarm etc. are in the remote keyfob.

If the key is a master key it will open glovebox, boot and the bootlock just under your dash by the petrol flap opener.

Ahh sounds good then as i know it opens the boot and locks the boot lock. Not locked the glove box but sounds like it's a master.

Thanks for the help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links