Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone had any problems with the smart entry system failing? Mine failed last night, the car Battery was fine which I proved when I used the real key to open the car, alarm, horn, lights etc all work very well too although at 11.30pm on a Sunday night I'm not sure anyone living in the street where I'd left my car would have appreciated that. The key fob seemed to be OK as the red light flashes as you approach the car, the car just didn't seem to recognise it.

The RAC arrived about 2 hours later & managed to get the car to start although even when the car was running it was still telling me it couldn't detect the key. I've left it with the dealer today to be checked over.

Anyone experienced this before?

:(

Sometimes this can be caused by wireless routers and other radio interference..........it has been effective in some cases to try pushing the car down the road 100m or so and then it can work. Although if yours didn't work at all, sounds like it might be a different problem.

Sometimes this can be caused by wireless routers and other radio interference..........it has been effective in some cases to try pushing the car down the road 100m or so and then it can work. Although if yours didn't work at all, sounds like it might be a different problem.

It happened to me once and it took me a minute of two get work out how to open the door manually! I rang the number on the Lexus/RAC card and was put through to a helpful chap who told me to put my foot on the break and hold the back of the smart key up against the start/stop button. This was recoginsed by the car and it started. I parked in the same place the other day and couldn't lock the car with the remote, so definately a radio signal of some sort.

I think I have described the process correctly, but it was a little while ago, so maybe worth digging out the manual in case a missed a step..

Hope this helps.

It happened to me once and it took me a minute of two get work out how to open the door manually! I rang the number on the Lexus/RAC card and was put through to a helpful chap who told me to put my foot on the break and hold the back of the smart key up against the start/stop button. This was recoginsed by the car and it started. I parked in the same place the other day and couldn't lock the car with the remote, so definately a radio signal of some sort.

I think I have described the process correctly, but it was a little while ago, so maybe worth digging out the manual in case a missed a step..

Hope this helps.

That is pretty much what the guy did & it worked eventually. Just had the dealer on the phone & it seems that there is an intermittent fault with the receiver so it'll be replaced along with the transmitters (the key fobs I assume).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links