Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was in the car, in the garage, setting up my wife's new mobile phone.

I switched the electrics on, because I was only going to be 5 minutes but I always find these Bluetooth things a bit fiddly and I started messing with phone books and stuff. Then everything went off, except for the headlights.

"Oh dear," I thought (or something along those lines), I forgot the headlights had been on the whole time.

I started trying to fully start the car. The panel lights would blink then I'd get a red square with an exclamation mark in the middle.

I tried a few times but nothing.

I went inside the house to get the phone number for the RAC, my wife keeps the little credit card in her purse.

Ten minutes later got back to the car, gave it one final try before I called the RAC - then it started.

Immediately, I checked the trip info and the Battery had lots of blue bars. I then set off for a quick drive around the block.

Now I had all green bars and the car has been fine every since.

I just thought I'd like to share this with everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
I was in the car, in the garage, setting up my wife's new mobile phone.

I switched the electrics on, because I was only going to be 5 minutes but I always find these bluetooth things a bit fiddly and I started messing with phone books and stuff. Then everything went off, except for the headlights.

"Oh dear," I thought (or something along those lines), I forgot the headlights had been on the whole time.

I started trying to fully start the car. The panel lights would blink then I'd get a red square with an exclamation mark in the middle.

I tried a few times but nothing.

I went inside the house to get the phone number for the RAC, my wife keeps the little credit card in her purse.

Ten minutes later got back to the car, gave it one final try before I called the RAC - then it started.

Immediately, I checked the trip info and the battery had lots of blue bars. I then set off for a quick drive around the block.

Now I had all green bars and the car has been fine every since.

I just thought I'd like to share this with everyone.

Mine did exactly the same as I was setting up my phone.Cleared itself after about 5 mins.Strange!!

Mine does the same (2006 RX400). The auxiliary Battery (the small one under the bonnet) has a very low Amph rating and can start to drop the voltage quite quickly if it the car is not fully turned on and "READY". When the engine is "READY" the big traction Battery under the back seat is connected to the auxiliary and charges it (the RX400 doesn't have an alternator).

Basically this is a little "feature" of the car but you can get over it by having the car in the "READY" state if you need to do lots of fiddling with the nav. I did exactly the same a few days ago.

Unity

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links