Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Install. . . . Almost Done . . .

Went to Bass Junkies in B'ham yesterday to try to decide upon an install for the IS.

Being my first saloon car gettin the sound from a sealed boot is proving to be a challenge - as with any saloon - esp if you were looking to enter in a SPL competition!! :crying:

Spoke to the chap in the store and a few other ppl and we decided upon a heavy bass system - its not the loudest system in the world but we wanted to get the best out of my budget and the gear available.

I initially thought about having 4 10" subs powered by one big amp; this is something i have seen done in a number of saloons where they are facing upwards 2 each side of the wheel arches.

The problem with the IS is the very odd shaped boot which does not help with bass transmission - the shape of the boxes required would be very complex.

I also wanted to have access to the spare wheel and the satnav drive as well as the tool kit (i might never need to use most of that stuff but you never know!!)

So eventually after much debate we decided upon a custom box possibly with a port facing into the cabin through the ski hatch but with the sub either in reverse phase or normally facing. The box should be with me by the end of the week.

Having looked at the forums for a while now (thanks to Wozza for his very informative install threads and Redz for some of his advice against a 15" sub lol!)

I went for a sinlge 12" sub (which will remain unamed for now????) and a HiFonics Brutus BXi1608D amp which throws out approx 1600wrms @1ohm.

The unamed sub is running at just over half power but when i heard it running it sounded good enough and was loud enough to flex some of the panels on the car.

I went for a 0awg wiring kit as this is always a good starting point for any high power system - esp if i choose to expand it at a later date.

The whole install took around 3-4 hours but if any of you guys were in B'ham yesterday the rain was incredible - i've never seen a whole car get splashed by a bus!!!

I'm still running my Pioneer HU and i will in the next few weeks try to get the bass controller looking like it wasnt plonked onto my console!!

I'll post sum pics at some point with the whole install setup once my box is in - jus running off a standard box atm.

Would love to see what some of you guys going to Bass Junkies have got installed/planned - im not sure i'll be up to some of the stuff you have got done (REDz DAMN YOU!!!!) :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links