Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Fitted Twin Stock Exhaust, Or Twins With Tte Rear Lip?

Hi guys,

Been looking at pics of the IS250, and I'd love twins on the back of my car, but only really for the looks rather than the noise, so another stock exhaust would suit me the most. I've seen a few pics of twins, but havn't seen any with the TTE rear lip. I guess its probably a case of get another rear lip, then shopping at joining it to form the recess, but thats expensive, thats if I can find one, and will be a nightmare with the little groove that runs across the middle of the lip.

It may just be a pipe dream if its gonna cost too much, but If anyones got any pics I'd appreciate it.

Regards

Gareth

Quite a few ppl have twins, but can't think of any with a TTE lip as it would be a pain to cut and shape to match the other side (would look great if it was done though!)

Most have the TRD lip - I don't think it's hugely expensive but I think you'd want to use something other than the standard back boxes as they'll probably look a little small after going to all this effort with the conversion.

most people who would have gone to the time and expense of getting twin exhausts fitted - there will be a large amount of fabrication needed to make the 2nd exit functional - will have got it custom made. I know someone has got a dual Blueflame exhuast fitted and they look quite close to OEM but do have a deeper throaty sound. Not chavvy at all though.

Aido had twin HKS hipers on his old IS with TRD rear skirt.

aido.jpg

Cutting out TTE lip and making it look OEM would be a complete and utter nightmare though - and would cost a total fortune if it was even possible.

Thanks for the replies guys,

I was just looking at the back of my car, and I think it would look good, but as said would be a nightmare to make it look OEM. I don't think the OEM exhausts would look too small tho. Its a OEM subtle look Im after.

Don't suppose anyones got a battered old TTE rear skirt I could have a place with? :whistling:

I think if Its nice over the weekend I may take a photo, and try a bit of photoshopping.

Thanks again

Gareth

I have to agree I think a twin exit on a TTE rear skirt would look great - I just think it'll be really difficult to construct but if you know a guy who can do it, go for it! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links