Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stale Smell In The Boot..

All,

Has anyone experienced a stale smell in the boot, almost like damp? Cannot seem to shift it - no matter how many Odor sprays I try...interestingly enough when I remove the floor pan etc the smell goes which suggest's it's just on the carpet but it's still there lingering.

Cheers, H

All,

Has anyone experienced a stale smell in the boot, almost like damp? Cannot seem to shift it - no matter how many Odor sprays I try...interestingly enough when I remove the floor pan etc the smell goes which suggest's it's just on the carpet but it's still there lingering.

Cheers, H

Presuming you haven't got any leaks best bet would be to get the liner/carpet out and give it a good shampoo then invest in a damp absorber like the 'air dry' here from Frosts which you can pop in the boot and it should stay damp (& smell) free :)

Cheers mate, that seems like a good way forward, think I must have tried every spray in existance! I'll get that ordered this week.

Was thinking where there might be a leak from and can't seem to work where it might be if that is the cause. Have driven the car in the wet and checked the boot for dampness etc and nothing. There isn't a rear wash wipe being a saloon so no piping etc that can often burst, so literally if it was a leak would have to be from driving in the rain and somewhere the water is getting in.

Any ideas where else might be worth checking?

Only thing it could be would be water getting through the seals, though I'd guess the main probability is that at some time it has got damp and/or if you don't open/use the boot a lot then any condensation will make it damp and consequently as not being aired it will start to smell :)

Hope that makes sense :lol:

Ah yeah I see what you mean, I think this might have been from the previous owner who just simply hasn't let it air - right I think I will take the floor tray out and leave it outside for the weekend and together with the above hope it cures it!

Will post back results!

Cheers, H

Ah yeah I see what you mean, I think this might have been from the previous owner who just simply hasn't let it air - right I think I will take the floor tray out and leave it outside for the weekend and together with the above hope it cures it!

Will post back results!

Cheers, H

Maybe you should take the body of the previous owner out lol :whistling: :shutit:

jk!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links